Status of Jake Walter?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Pegues and Xavier have sent SOOOOO many big men to the NBA #fartnoise

if developing guys to be G-League and International guys is your cup of tea then I can see where you are coming from...But Payne takes those young guys that UK gets and molds them into monsters come march in the very short amount of time to work with them.

I also understand that UK and Xavier talent levels are different but hey recruit better then Xavier

UK's big men, especially as of late, come to UK as NBA prospects.

And the majority of them get better while they are there...hense why Payne is one of the BEST big man coaches.

Or you could argue he has the least amount of work to do, therefore how could he be one of the best? :lol2:

And the majority of them get better while they are there...hense why Payne is one of the BEST big man coaches.

As do the big men at Xavier....Their ceilings may not be as high, but he definitely gets them to max out their potential.

Payne does a fine job as well, but he has some misses along the way.

Or you could argue he has the least amount of work to do, therefore how could he be one of the best? :lol2:

Because he can take a 17/18 year old kid who thinks he is hot stuff and has everyone telling him he is hot stuff and sit him down and coach him in the 9 months he has to work with them and he consistently makes them better

Pegues has 4 maybe even 5 years to work with his guys

if developing guys to be G-League and International guys is your cup of tea then I can see where you are coming from...But Payne takes those young guys that UK gets and molds them into monsters come march in the very short amount of time to work with them.

I also understand that UK and Xavier talent levels are different but hey recruit better then Xavier

You’ll figure it out soon enough now...

Because he can take a 17/18 year old kid who thinks he is hot stuff and has everyone telling him he is hot stuff and sit him down and coach him in the 9 months he has to work with them and he consistently makes them better

Pegues has 4 maybe even 5 years to work with his guys

I'm not going to continue debating this with you because, well, it's a waste of time, and I'm really just playing Devil's Advocate. Payne gets MUCH better players and has less to do to get them ready for the NBA, that's a fact. He is obviously a great assistant.

What if, and this sounds crazy, but what if, X's goal wasn't NBA players, but, winning games?

Walter is a solid player. But Big East is a big time league. NKU is at the top of the Horizon which may be a very small step below the MAC but NKU is better than lots of lower level MAC schools. He may go to another high major to see if he’s good enough and if not, he can always transfer down.

Walter is a solid player. But Big East is a big time league. NKU is at the top of the Horizon which may be a very small step below the MAC but NKU is better than lots of lower level MAC schools. He may go to another high major to see if he’s good enough and if not, he can always transfer down.
The insinuation was that NKU was beneath Walter. Only time will tell if that’s the case but, based on his other offers it doesn’t appear most coaches believe that to be true. Walter would be very good in the Horizon.

The insinuation was that NKU was beneath Walter. Only time will tell if that’s the case but, based on his other offers it doesn’t appear most coaches believe that to be true. Walter would be very good in the Horizon.

Nothing wrong with being a talker Louden Love.