Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will any school hire Rick Pitino?

Featured Replies

Who would be willing to pull the trigger on Rick? Only a mid-major?

 

What about Pitt? OR UCONN? How about Saint Johns?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rick Pitino will coach again.

Are any of the schools listed here interested in winning? If yes, then I think Rick Pitino becomes an option.

Rick Pitino will coach again.

 

I agree. It may not be this year, but he will coach again.

I don't see any chance Pitino gets hired by a school in the Big 6 conferences, at least this offseason.

 

Just way too much uncertainty.

  • Author
Did St. John's fire Chris Mullins?

 

Not yet.

I don't see any chance Pitino gets hired by a school in the Big 6 conferences, at least this offseason.

 

Just way too much uncertainty.

 

You are probably right. Until they figure out this Adidas scandal it would be too risky

Rick who?

Give it a year or two. He’ll land another job. I don’t know what his interests are outside of basketball, but it seems like basketball is what defines Rick Pitino. I think he has to coach basketball.

Hopefully Memphis. Then hopefully Memphis replaces him with Billy Gillispie. Then John Calipari returns. The circle is complete.

Have they played any restrictions on him yet? If not then I see no reason why a team who is desperate to start winning wouldn't hire him. I wonder if he could get on staff with his son for a year or two, while waiting to see what happens.

To me, the biggest issue is: The clock is ticking.

 

Rick will be 66 this year, if schools go into any kind of "wait and see mode", how many schools want to hire a 67/68 year old coach?

 

I know coaches often go into their 70s, but how much longer will he coach?

Have they played any restrictions on him yet? If not then I see no reason why a team who is desperate to start winning wouldn't hire him. I wonder if he could get on staff with his son for a year or two, while waiting to see what happens.

 

2 words....Show Cause.

2 words....Show Cause.

 

Agreed, until the Coach 2 mess is over anyone hiring him is looking at possibly having to suspend him or fire him when the NCAA gets done with the Bowen recruitment saga.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.