Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will any school hire Rick Pitino?

Featured Replies

Agreed, until the Coach 2 mess is over anyone hiring him is looking at possibly having to suspend him or fire him when the NCAA gets done with the Bowen recruitment saga.

 

Yep. Lower-level program, it's a risk worth taking. One of the Big 6 conference schools? Nope, not worth it.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 words....Show Cause.

 

Have they placed that on him yet? If not you are right its coming.

Have they placed that on him yet? If not you are right its coming.

 

Nope, but you said "if not I see no reason why a team who is desperate to start winning wouldn't hire him".

 

I'm giving you the reason.

  • Author
Yep. Lower-level program, it's a risk worth taking. One of the Big 6 conference schools? Nope, not worth it.

 

If you are Pitt what are you risking? Didn't they just go Ofer? UConn has historically shown they value winning over not stepping outside the NCAA lines. Are they really risking anything?

 

You hire Pitino. He starts to work putting a team/program together, he gets suspended and misses part (or all) of a season - so what? It is going to take a while to get the ship turned at any of these schools anyway. Where is the risk if you are already a bottom feeder school with a pedigree?

True, Pitino will coach again. But not until his legal entanglements are cleared. Age? In the new millennium, age is a state of mind and Pitino thinks he's 50, again.

I am not seeing it. I guess it helps with more and more coming out each day exposing the ineptitude of the NCAA, but that still doesn't absolve him of what has happened.

Would Rick's ego allow him to coach at a low tier mid-major? And that is not just Rick, but any of these guys that have risen through the ranks and to the top like he has.

Edited by bugatti

  • Author
Not in the foreseeable future.

 

No one gambles on him in the short term? Even with baggage that is hard to believe.

Hey, according to this pic I got last night at the Chicken Bucket, Rick is spoken for …

IMG_1408.jpg

I say Calipari should call him up and offer a spot. :D

Would Rick's ego allow him to coach at a low tier mid-major? And that is not just Rick, but any of these guys that have risen through the ranks and to the top like he has.

 

If I was him I’d do it. He’d be larger than life at EKU.

If I was him I’d do it. He’d be larger than life at EKU.

Sounds great until you are on an eight hour bus ride to Jacksonville, Alabama.

Sounds great until you are on an eight hour bus ride to Jacksonville, Alabama.

Maybe he’d just meet them there.

 

I think the state would eat it up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.