Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will any school hire Rick Pitino?

Featured Replies

I think so and believe that it could go either way between power/mid-major conferences. Depending on the struggles of certain teams such as UConn, Pitt, etc., I could see them taking the risk due to where they are at as programs currently.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't gamble on a coach who may get a show cause. Penny Hardaway...that's a gamble. Rick Pitino...that's a damaging blow to your basketball program. I wouldn't hire him at this time. No way.

If I was him I’d do it. He’d be larger than life at EKU.

 

If EKU hires Pitino, after the inglorious fall at Louisville, do University of Kentucky fans get back on the Pitino bandwagon and root for his success at EKU?! What a philosophical conundrum!

  • Author
You don't gamble on a coach who may get a show cause. Penny Hardaway...that's a gamble. Rick Pitino...that's a damaging blow to your basketball program. I wouldn't hire him at this time. No way.

 

Bruce Pearl was still under a show cause when Auburn hired him.

And his assistant was arrested by the FBI for cheating. Let's see how that works out for them.

  • Author
And his assistant was arrested by the FBI for cheating. Let's see how that works out for them.

 

Very true.

 

I could be wrong, but I think there is a team that will roll the dice with Pitino.

If I was him I’d do it. He’d be larger than life at EKU.

 

With former UK player, Steve Lochmuller being the AD ar EKU, I don't think Rick could even get an interview there.

With former UK player, Steve Lochmuller being the AD ar EKU, I don't think Rick could even get an interview there.

If there was ever a chance that a school like EKU could hire a top tier coach, this is it. They’d get tons of press(good and some bad). They’d be the talk of the college basketball world.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.