NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney Selection Show

OlDog75

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They you know it's going to take a Herculean effort for them to beat Tennessee.

They have no one even close to capable of combating the size, strength, and athleticism of guys like Schofield and Williams.

I know but every year we see an upset or two that no one really could see coming but it happens. I don't honestly have to many upsets in the 1st round at all. This is one of the ones I have though.

St Mary’s finishes the season in the Top 25 of the AP poll. I know the tournament and AP Poll have zero correlation, but how many times has a team inside the top 25 not made the tournament?

5 AP top 25 teams were left out of the 2016 Tournament, but one of those was Louisville who was not eligible. The 4 others were Florida State, UCLA, Rhode Island, and guess who? St. Mary's.

5 AP top 25 teams were left out of the 2016 Tournament, but one of those was Louisville who was not eligible. The 4 others were Florida State, UCLA, Rhode Island, and guess who? St. Mary's.

Interesting. I just noticed it today and had never really payed attention to it before. Seems to be more common than I thought. But it still seems odd to have such parity between the two.

St Mary’s finishes the season in the Top 25 of the AP poll. I know the tournament and AP Poll have zero correlation, but how many times has a team inside the top 25 not made the tournament?

They have no one but themselves to blame. They turned down a home & home series (with this year's game @ St. Mary's) against Rhode Island and a home & home against Creighton. If you have no desire to play tournament quality opponents, don't be surprised when you get left out if you falter in your conference tournament.