NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney Selection Show

OlDog75

So Cal doesn’t play into BBN year in and year out complaining about their draw? Is that what you’re saying?

Cal does Cal, he hates the sec tourney and has said so in the past. As far as the NCAA goes I've never heard him personally gripe about the tourney seeding this season. I get the feeling that you're reaching for something there. A phone call from people that are unhappy doesn't necessarily mean that Cal feels the same way. That kind of stuff is where fake news originates.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had the chance to look closely at the bracket, but Michigan State got a 3?

I'm also not at all upset with the hand UK was dealt. They have played much better of late, but their overall season performance merits the draw they got IMO.

Arizona seems to have gotten the shaft, though. Can't help but wonder if the recent troubles contributed to that.

I know that’s how they do it (the overall season results) but in my opinion the last 1/3 of the season should carry more weight than the first 2/3. That’s the team’s look going into the Big Dance, not the one in Nov/Dec.

There’s no doubt that this is not remotely the same UK team that played sporadically until a few weeks ago. The team getting ready to play in the tournament is much better, more confident.

But 5 seed is not bad. A few weeks ago it looked like it would be an 8 or worse.

UK could have possibly been a 4 seed, so I'm not upset with the 5 seed. I do believe they absolutely have to face the best 4 seed if they can beat a dangerous Davidson, so I'm not thrilled about that.

Arizona should have been a 3 seed, Mich St. a 2 seed and Duke a 3 seed, so in the case of Duke & Mich. St, it doesn't really matter since they play each other in they continue winning.

Because UNC had more wins against Q1 teams than anyone else. UK’s best win was who and how many wins against Q1 teams did they have? UK didn’t do themselves any favors at all this season and winning the SEC tournament may have even bumped them up to a 5 seed.

That’s fine, but don’t throw out UK’s 10 losses as a reason why their a 5 seed. Getting a win at WVU is a damn good win. It would have been nice to pick up one more good win on the road though.

Cal was complaining about playing in Boise, playing on Thursday after playing three games in a row and on Sunday and about not having an extra day for Vanderbilt. Chris Fowler said what is the complaint, it is a two hour plane ride and Cal said more like six.

Cal was complaining about playing in Boise, playing on Thursday after playing three games in a row and on Sunday and about not having an extra day for Vanderbilt. Chris Fowler said what is the complaint, it is a two hour plane ride and Cal said more like six.

Quotes? I like quotes from the source. Otherwise I'm skeptical to say the least..

UK fans in November:

“Vanderbilt got hurt but we’ll be fine. We are loaded!!!! Kevin Knox Baby!!!!!”

UK fans in December:

”Is Vanderbilt getting better? We need some help!!!”

UK fans in January:

”Man we suck. We won’t make the NIT. One and dones are horrible and are ruining the game. We need 3-4 year players. Cal needs to get it together!!! Diallo is horrible!!!! Most selfish players ever!!!!”

UK fans in February:

”Here we come!!! Cal is a genius!! I love this team. Didn’t expect to beat Florida anyways!!!”

UK fans in March:

”We got screwed. The committee hates us. Worst draw ever for a 5 seed. Unbelievable.”

I’m a UK fan and that is funny.

Rece Davis starts the interview by mocking him about liking his draw, but I’m sure we’re just making it up. :lol2:

Cal never says anything about not liking this seasons draw in that interview. The fact that the espn ppl want to mock him says nothing about Cal, it actually speaks more about ESPN.

Cal never says anything about not liking this seasons draw in that interview. The fact that the espn ppl want to mock him says nothing about Cal, it actually speaks more about ESPN.

We clearly interpret the interview differently, which is fine. :lol2: