NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney Selection Show

OlDog75

I agree, a lot if UK fans are gonna feel like they got snubbed. The truth is, NO ONE wants to see Kentucky listed as their next opponent at this point in the season. These cats play their best when they are playing a top tier opponent. I think this draw works out well for these cats.

UK fans feel they get snubbed every year. Gets old. the refs hate us, the NCAA hates us, the media hates us... drives me nuts.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Virginia has the biggest beef in this draw. #1 overall seed gets and underseeded "Zona, the best 5 seed in it's immediate draw; and then a very strong #2.

I agree. Not a great reward for being the overall #1 seed. That same arrangement happened to UK in 2003.

UK fans feel they get snubbed every year. Gets old. the refs hate us, the NCAA hates us, the media hates us... drives me nuts.

I’ve not even been surprised by the complaints from UK fans. I mean, UK is a 5 seed. A 5 seed. They aren’t going to have an easy road in any quadrant as a 5 seed. The committee doesn’t make brackets with the feelings of the 5 seed in mind. And when you factor in the unpredictable play from every single team in the tournament this year then I can’t understand why anyone is complaining about their draw.

Yeah because they ALWAYS make it to the Elite 8 with their normal cake walks.

I definitely think this year that the Midwest has the best 1-3 seeds in a bracket. (Kansas, Duke, and Michigan State) That is 3 out of only about 5 or 6 teams that I think can win the whole thing all in the same bracket. One thing is for sure whoever goes to the final 4 from it will have deserved it.

As a UK fan I agree with you. I don’t think anyone is out to get UK. But a 2nd round matchup with Arizona SUCKS.

Alabama got in?? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Alabama was safely in with Thursday’s victory. Never in doubt. However, they exemplify the inconsticeny and unfairness of it all. They had a chance, by winning on Wednesday and Thursday, to improve their questionable resume. Teams on the bubble that are mid-majors are not afforded that opportunity.

I’ve not even been surprised by the complaints from UK fans. I mean, UK is a 5 seed. A 5 seed. They aren’t going to have an easy road in any quadrant as a 5 seed. The committee doesn’t make brackets with the feelings of the 5 seed in mind. And when you factor in the unpredictable play from every single team in the tournament this year then I can’t understand why anyone is complaining about their draw.

Arizona shouldn’t be a 4 seed. That’s my issue with what happened with regards to UK.