NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney Selection Show

OlDog75

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well UK has more losses than any of the other 5 seeds so maybe if they had performed a little better on the road in the SEC then maybe they would have been in a better position to avoid Davidson in the first round and Arizona in the second round.

UK is 23-10 with a SOS of 6, won their conference tournament, and is seeded 5.

North Carolina is 25-10, SOS of 1, lost their conference tournament, and is seeded 2.

There’s something about that scenario that doesn’t add up with me. A SOS rated 6th toughest in the nation with a similar record as UNC yet there’s 3 spots different in the seeding???

Also, UNC lost at home to 128th rated RPI Wafford, who has a whopping 18-12 record.

UK did lose some games early that they shouldn’t have, such as at SC, but losses to Tenn, at Auburn, at Florida... those aren’t bad losses. And they won at West Virginia.

I don’t see UK as a 2 seed but UNC isn’t there either.

North Carolina is 25-10, SOS of 1, lost their conference tournament, and is seeded 2.

There’s something about that scenario that doesn’t add up with me. A SOS rated 6th toughest in the nation with a similar record as UNC yet there’s 3 spots different in the seeding???

Carolina also has 14 quadrant 1 wins... big time difference.

Carolina also has 14 quadrant 1 wins... big time difference.

Quadrant one, that's the kicker lol. I can't wait until in the coming years (if the NCAA is still alive) what quadrant 1.2, 1.3 and so on provides us. They really nailed it with quadrant 1, can't wait to see what the new and improved quadrants look like.

1. How did Oklahoma St. not get in and Oklahoma get in?

2. How did Mich .St. fall to a 3 seed, kind of thought they would possibly be a 1 seed or at least the top rated #2 seed.:idunno:

Quadrant one, that's the kicker lol. I can't wait until in the coming years (if the NCAA is still alive) what quadrant 1.2, 1.3 and so on provides us. They really nailed it with quadrant 1, can't wait to see what the new and improved quadrants look like.

That’s their thing this year. Even without it, there’s still no comparison between the 2.

Because UNC had more wins against Q1 teams than anyone else. UK’s best win was who and how many wins against Q1 teams did they have? UK didn’t do themselves any favors at all this season and winning the SEC tournament may have even bumped them up to a 5 seed.

Linardi said before the SEC tourney that UK was a #5 regardless if they lost teir first game or won the tourney. Obviously the outcome of the tourney did not matter at all the past 2 years.

That’s their thing this year. Even without it, there’s still no comparison between the 2.

Part of the NCAA's ineptitude imo. They make things up as they go. This is their thing "this year" as you put it. Im happy with where UK landed, but in all honesty, the NCAA really screwed some teams over in this bracket. Hopefully quadrant 1.2 is better. It's a moot point though if they don't survive the FBI investigation. It

Also, UNC lost at home to 128th rated RPI Wafford, who has a whopping 18-12 record.

UK did lose some games early that they shouldn’t have, such as at SC, but losses to Tenn, at Auburn, at Florida... those aren’t bad losses. And they won at West Virginia.

I don’t see UK as a 2 seed but UNC isn’t there either.

Without even looking at UNC’s schedule I know they beat Duke twice this year. Who did UK beat twice that compares to that?

Linardi said before the SEC tourney that UK was a #5 regardless if they lost teir first game or won the tourney. Obviously the outcome of the tourney did not matter at all the past 2 years.

I don’t have a problem with that at all but I also don’t believe him that UK was a 5 seed if they lost the first game of the SEC tournament.

Are you pretending that Duke is good all of a sudden? Lol

They are easily a top 10 team in the country and they are seeded.....uh....let me go look....... 2 seed. They got a 2 seed. What 2 seed team did UK beat twice this year?

I’ll hang up and wait for your reply.