Yahoo Reveals Three Kentucky Players in FBI Documents

LRCW

That's how it works. Doesn't matter if it had nothing to do with Kentucky. You play an ineligible player, the games they played get vacated.

This goes for any school involved here, Bam was eligible when they played him. If UK had nothing to do (at least that can be proven) with the payment and didn't know about the payment and the NCAA cleared him, how can they then punish the school for playing a kid they didn't know took money? A kid that the NCAA didn't know took the money and cleared to play?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This goes for any school involved here, Bam was eligible when they played him. If UK had nothing to do (at least that can be proven) with the payment and didn't know about the payment and the NCAA cleared him, how can they then punish the school for playing a kid they didn't know took money? A kid that the NCAA didn't know took the money and cleared to play?

Same way the did it to Derrick Rose. That's the way the NCAA operates.

I just keeping thinking about how how hard the NCAA came down on Ohio State for players trading merchandise for tattoos and I just laugh. This is just the tip of the iceberg for college basketball and it’s funny how people thought tattoo-gate was a huge deal back in the day.

Right, but unfortunately that doesn't matter really.

Doesn't matter as far as the punishment that would be handed down to UK, but it should matter in the perception of how this impacts Cal. It won't, because that doesn't fit the narrative, but it should.

I'm sure there's more here, though. It's just a matter of it all coming out. I'm just glad I don't live and die with Kentucky basketball like I had when I was a teenager. The younger me would be taking this a lot harder.