Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yahoo Reveals Three Kentucky Players in FBI Documents

Featured Replies

Oh ok same as Knox.

 

Yup. Pay it back as a charitable donation and both will be fine.

  • Replies 190
  • Views 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'm the only one who searches Twitter at all to see what opinions other people have out there.

 

Nah. I’ve seen what you have seen

What is Carter from Duke listed for?

 

Just read that it was his mom that dinner was bought for and not him.

I love this....

 

Could not care less if UK is involved or not as long as all programs are punished fairly. With the feds involved, I don’t think the NCAA will have the option to cherry pick who they punish.

 

This is the beginning of the end, and IMO, it’s a great thing.

To people that are incredibly interested in this story and following it so closely:

 

1. Did you think players weren't getting money from someone at some point? Really?

2. Are you rooting for the complete collapse of college basketball, and then, by extension because it pays for EVERYTHING, college athletics? Why?

3. Are you thinking your school (not necessarily UK, but whatever school you cheer for) is the ONE school above all of this and will be the beneficiary of everyone around them being brought down?

4. Are you just someone who loves seeing others suffer, in some oddly sadistic sort of way?

 

I took no enjoyment in UL's deal, I took none in Ohio State's, and I would take none in anyone else's. I love college basketball, I certainly know what it is having spent 5 years embedded deeply into it, and its "collapse" would provide me zero enjoyment. Ed Sumner taking money from an agent is surprising not at all, nor does it raise my interest or blood-pressure one iota. I have a lot of college coaches in my circle of friends, I know how hard their job is, and if Sean, or Chris, or Pat, or Dave, or Brad, or Jeff, or Whit, or any of them rest of them lose their job over this stuff, or get "caught up" in any of this, I'll feed badly for them. I know many others will dance on their graves, and hoot and holler that the "Cheaters" have been caught, but I won't be among those people whether my friends are caught up in it or they aren't.

To people that are incredibly interested in this story and following it so closely:

 

1. Did you think players weren't getting money from someone at some point? Really?

2. Are you rooting for the complete collapse of college basketball, and then, by extension because it pays for EVERYTHING, college athletics? Why?

3. Are you thinking your school (not necessarily UK, but whatever school you cheer for) is the ONE school above all of this and will be the beneficiary of everyone around them being brought down?

4. Are you just someone who loves seeing others suffer, in some oddly sadistic sort of way?

 

I took no enjoyment in UL's deal, I took none in Ohio State's, and I would take none in anyone else's. I love college basketball, I certainly know what it is having spent 5 years embedded deeply into it, and its "collapse" would provide me zero enjoyment. Ed Sumner taking money from an agent is surprising not at all, nor does it raise my interest or blood-pressure one iota. I have a lot of college coaches in my circle of friends, I know how hard their job is, and if Sean, or Chris, or Pat, or Dave, or Brad, or Jeff, or Whit, or any of them rest of them lose their job over this stuff, or get "caught up" in any of this, I'll feed badly for them. I know many others will dance on their graves, and hoot and holler that the "Cheaters" have been caught, but I won't be among those people whether my friends are caught up in it or they aren't.

 

1. I've said for as long as I can remember, they're all cheating, so no.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing the NCAA being done away. College athletics can survive without them. It's as corrupt as they come IMO.

3. See #1, every school does it.

4. Nope. I just find it fascinating and an interesting topic of discussion.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing the NCAA being done away. College athletics can survive without them. It's as corrupt as they come IMO.

 

I don't know if it is corrupt or inept, but it is far from perfect for sure. However, that CBS / Turner money pays for EVERY D-II and D-III championship / tournament that exists. Every. One.

To people that are incredibly interested in this story and following it so closely:

 

1. Did you think players weren't getting money from someone at some point? Really?

2. Are you rooting for the complete collapse of college basketball, and then, by extension because it pays for EVERYTHING, college athletics? Why?

3. Are you thinking your school (not necessarily UK, but whatever school you cheer for) is the ONE school above all of this and will be the beneficiary of everyone around them being brought down?

4. Are you just someone who loves seeing others suffer, in some oddly sadistic sort of way?

 

I took no enjoyment in UL's deal, I took none in Ohio State's, and I would take none in anyone else's. I love college basketball, I certainly know what it is having spent 5 years embedded deeply into it, and its "collapse" would provide me zero enjoyment. Ed Sumner taking money from an agent is surprising not at all, nor does it raise my interest or blood-pressure one iota. I have a lot of college coaches in my circle of friends, I know how hard their job is, and if Sean, or Chris, or Pat, or Dave, or Brad, or Jeff, or Whit, or any of them rest of them lose their job over this stuff, or get "caught up" in any of this, I'll feed badly for them. I know many others will dance on their graves, and hoot and holler that the "Cheaters" have been caught, but I won't be among those people whether my friends are caught up in it or they aren't.

 

1. I absolutely believe the top players were getting paid. I think the coaches knew but kept a safe distance. I think they were getting paid at every school. UK, Duke,Carolina,Kansas...all of them.

 

2. No, I’m not rooting for the collapse of college basketball. I’m rooting for change. I’m rooting for what’s fair.

 

3. As I said, I truly believe it is happening at all schools that have players on their roster worth paying.

 

4. Nope.

Cal says barring any new information, Knox will play tomorrow.

I don't know if it is corrupt or inept, but it is far from perfect for sure. However, that CBS / Turner money pays for EVERY D-II and D-III championship / tournament that exists. Every. One.

 

That's a fair point, and I clearly don't want to see the student athletes at those smaller schools suffer.

 

I'm confident the universities, collectively, could find another system that would provide revenues necessary to keep them afloat though.

I don't know if it is corrupt or inept, but it is far from perfect for sure. However, that CBS / Turner money pays for EVERY D-II and D-III championship / tournament that exists. Every. One.

 

I get this, I really do. To be honest, I’m just not sure I care.

My opinion could be swayed, but I just have a hard time worrying about the survival of programs that can’t come close to supporting themselves.

 

Also, what I would propose wouldn’t take money from these programs.

 

Let agents pay players after they have signed with a school. As long as the agents don’t influence the kids choice, I don’t see any harm.

Curious how the various schools with current players will respond....

 

San Diego State has suspended Malik Pope. Pope is said to have received $1,400 from Miller.

Lonzo Ball has weighed in....

Tania Ganguli‏Verified account @taniaganguli

 

“Everybody knows everybody’s getting paid. Might as well make it legal,” Lonzo Ball says on the subject of college athletes getting paid.

Best believe I’m rooting for an end to the NCAA.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.