Yahoo Reveals Three Kentucky Players in FBI Documents

LRCW

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this....

Could not care less if UK is involved or not as long as all programs are punished fairly. With the feds involved, I don’t think the NCAA will have the option to cherry pick who they punish.

This is the beginning of the end, and IMO, it’s a great thing.

To people that are incredibly interested in this story and following it so closely:

1. Did you think players weren't getting money from someone at some point? Really?

2. Are you rooting for the complete collapse of college basketball, and then, by extension because it pays for EVERYTHING, college athletics? Why?

3. Are you thinking your school (not necessarily UK, but whatever school you cheer for) is the ONE school above all of this and will be the beneficiary of everyone around them being brought down?

4. Are you just someone who loves seeing others suffer, in some oddly sadistic sort of way?

I took no enjoyment in UL's deal, I took none in Ohio State's, and I would take none in anyone else's. I love college basketball, I certainly know what it is having spent 5 years embedded deeply into it, and its "collapse" would provide me zero enjoyment. Ed Sumner taking money from an agent is surprising not at all, nor does it raise my interest or blood-pressure one iota. I have a lot of college coaches in my circle of friends, I know how hard their job is, and if Sean, or Chris, or Pat, or Dave, or Brad, or Jeff, or Whit, or any of them rest of them lose their job over this stuff, or get "caught up" in any of this, I'll feed badly for them. I know many others will dance on their graves, and hoot and holler that the "Cheaters" have been caught, but I won't be among those people whether my friends are caught up in it or they aren't.

To people that are incredibly interested in this story and following it so closely:

1. Did you think players weren't getting money from someone at some point? Really?

2. Are you rooting for the complete collapse of college basketball, and then, by extension because it pays for EVERYTHING, college athletics? Why?

3. Are you thinking your school (not necessarily UK, but whatever school you cheer for) is the ONE school above all of this and will be the beneficiary of everyone around them being brought down?

4. Are you just someone who loves seeing others suffer, in some oddly sadistic sort of way?

I took no enjoyment in UL's deal, I took none in Ohio State's, and I would take none in anyone else's. I love college basketball, I certainly know what it is having spent 5 years embedded deeply into it, and its "collapse" would provide me zero enjoyment. Ed Sumner taking money from an agent is surprising not at all, nor does it raise my interest or blood-pressure one iota. I have a lot of college coaches in my circle of friends, I know how hard their job is, and if Sean, or Chris, or Pat, or Dave, or Brad, or Jeff, or Whit, or any of them rest of them lose their job over this stuff, or get "caught up" in any of this, I'll feed badly for them. I know many others will dance on their graves, and hoot and holler that the "Cheaters" have been caught, but I won't be among those people whether my friends are caught up in it or they aren't.

1. I've said for as long as I can remember, they're all cheating, so no.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing the NCAA being done away. College athletics can survive without them. It's as corrupt as they come IMO.

3. See #1, every school does it.

4. Nope. I just find it fascinating and an interesting topic of discussion.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing the NCAA being done away. College athletics can survive without them. It's as corrupt as they come IMO.

I don't know if it is corrupt or inept, but it is far from perfect for sure. However, that CBS / Turner money pays for EVERY D-II and D-III championship / tournament that exists. Every. One.

1. I absolutely believe the top players were getting paid. I think the coaches knew but kept a safe distance. I think they were getting paid at every school. UK, Duke,Carolina,Kansas...all of them.

2. No, I’m not rooting for the collapse of college basketball. I’m rooting for change. I’m rooting for what’s fair.

3. As I said, I truly believe it is happening at all schools that have players on their roster worth paying.

4. Nope.

I don't know if it is corrupt or inept, but it is far from perfect for sure. However, that CBS / Turner money pays for EVERY D-II and D-III championship / tournament that exists. Every. One.

That's a fair point, and I clearly don't want to see the student athletes at those smaller schools suffer.

I'm confident the universities, collectively, could find another system that would provide revenues necessary to keep them afloat though.

I get this, I really do. To be honest, I’m just not sure I care.

My opinion could be swayed, but I just have a hard time worrying about the survival of programs that can’t come close to supporting themselves.

Also, what I would propose wouldn’t take money from these programs.

Let agents pay players after they have signed with a school. As long as the agents don’t influence the kids choice, I don’t see any harm.