February 24, 20188 yr FBI wiretaps intercepted telephone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats, sources familiar with the government's evidence told ESPN. According to people with knowledge of the FBI investigation, Miller and Dawkins, a runner working for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, had multiple conversations about Ayton. When Dawkins asked Miller if he should work with assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson to finalize their agreement, Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said. Sean Miller of Arizona, Christian Dawkins discussed payment to ensure DeAndre Ayton signing, according to FBI investigation I wonder how much more the FBI has on Miller. If he did it once he probably has done it 100 times. I could still see some coaches going to prison. These guys are so corrupt...
February 24, 20188 yr I was also on a full ride at Murray State and I got free tuition and books. Just signed my name. I got zero spending money. All spending money came from me working, loan or my parents
February 24, 20188 yr Daughters softball coach told me that it costs them about $30K every time they fly. They play in the ACC, so they fly A LOT. I can assure everyone here that SU’s softball program does NOT generate that kind of money. Thank you Orange basketball and football. You’re daughter plays for SU? So, do you know Dackich?
February 24, 20188 yr You’re daughter plays for SU? So, do you know Dackich?Yes, she was signed by Leigh Ross, who is now Mrs Dakich. Coach Ross resigned right before my daughter got to SU. But, Coach Ross did introduce my daughter to Dakich at SU/UL Softball game right after she signed with SU. Daughter is now a Jr, Coach Ross resigned right after 2015 season.
February 24, 20188 yr FBI wiretaps intercepted telephone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats, sources familiar with the government's evidence told ESPN. According to people with knowledge of the FBI investigation, Miller and Dawkins, a runner working for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, had multiple conversations about Ayton. When Dawkins asked Miller if he should work with assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson to finalize their agreement, Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said. Sean Miller of Arizona, Christian Dawkins discussed payment to ensure DeAndre Ayton signing, according to FBI investigation I wonder how much more the FBI has on Miller. If he did it once he probably has done it 100 times. I could still see some coaches going to prison. These guys are so corrupt... Any organization or entity that generates billions of dollars is either totally corrupt or has elements of corruption...IOC, FIFA, NCAA, big businesses, governments, charities, churches, etc... I actually thought Sean Miller was one of the good ones too...
February 24, 20188 yr Yes, she was signed by Leigh Ross, who is now Mrs Dakich. Coach Ross resigned right before my daughter got to SU. But, Coach Ross did introduce my daughter to Dakich at SU/UL Softball game right after she signed with SU. Daughter is now a Jr, Coach Ross resigned right after 2015 season. Wow. That’s impressive. I’m sure she got her talent from her mom right (insert smilie)...
February 24, 20188 yr I’ve heard this line a few times today and I’m kinda shocked you are one to bring it up given your occupation. You do know that the FBI has different divisions, right? Like the division investigating this is probably some white collar division or something that has no part, at all, of investigating school shooters. I can agree with this. My disagreement or point of contention was that the FBI’s involvement in this hinders their ability to stop school shootings. It doesn’t. At all. No, I’m clueless as to what the FBI is or what they do...:lol2: My statement is more condemning priorities.
February 24, 20188 yr Caught red handed. You can argue a ledger, you can’t argue a recorded phone call. Paging Mayor Marion Berry of DC... :thumb:
February 24, 20188 yr Wow. That’s impressive. I’m sure she got her talent from her mom right (insert smilie)... Absolutely. I definitely out kicked my coverage.
February 24, 20188 yr So if I read correctly the big problem, in this installment, is Bam. If the dates are correct on Noel, wasn’t this loan made after he was finished at UK?
February 24, 20188 yr Why shouldn’t they? Universities are a for profit business first and foremost. I think people forget that. If I'm not mistaken, most universities are not-for-profit entities as defined in the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
February 24, 20188 yr If I'm not mistaken, most universities are not-for-profit entities as defined in the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. There number one goal is to make as much money as possible while providing a high quality education. They absolutely are a business. If they didn’t make money they wouldn’t be open.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.