Xavier 102 Seton Hall 90

UKMustangFan

Not much defense played in this one, but the Muskies were just unstoppable. Up 20 at the half, led by Bluiett's 37.

Naji Marshall has been such a massive surprise to me. Kid is really good and improving constantly.

If X can get the win in the top 5 showdown against Villanova on Saturday, I think the Muskies pretty much lock up a #1 seed in both the BEast tournament and the Big Dance.

Xavier's 1st half defense was awesome, holding Seton Hall to 25 points and .77 PPP. However, their 2nd half defense is why many, including myself, think the Final Four chatter is a pipe dream. You have to be able to get stops...period...and they have too many periods of not being able to do that.

Very well may be the case, but that offense is going to be a major handful for even the best defensive squads in the tournament. I'm only looking at the positives right now, no need for the negative (realistic) side! :D :lol2:

Xavier's 1st half defense was awesome, holding Seton Hall to 25 points and .77 PPP. However, their 2nd half defense is why many, including myself, think the Final Four chatter is a pipe dream. You have to be able to get stops...period...and they have too many periods of not being able to do that.

Do you think it's ability or a loss of focus/killer instinct with a lead? Either one can be fatal to FF hopes.

Do you think it's ability or a loss of focus/killer instinct with a lead? Either one can be fatal to FF hopes.

When they have JP / Trevon / Kaiser / Kanter on the floor together, myself and any 4 other BGP posters could put up 60. They are horrific defenders.

Why you're seeing Q / Paul / Naji / Tre / O'Mara playing together in different combinations.

When they have JP / Trevon / Kaiser / Kanter on the floor together, myself and any 4 other BGP posters could put up 60. They are horrific defenders.

Why you're seeing Q / Paul / Naji / Tre / O'Mara playing together in different combinations.

Easily!