Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Millennials have ruined........

Featured Replies

So another thread talked about millennials ruining the taxi business.

 

What else has become a dying breed due to the millennials?

 

Napkins for one. They don't buy them, only paper towels.

 

 

For you youngsters, this is not a slam on you, just looking for a few facts on how lifestyles have changed over time.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 33.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually answereing a phone call, just text it!

Haven't killed it yet, but cable. We will be cutting the chord when we move into a new home later this year.

Haven't killed it yet, but cable. We will be cutting the chord when we move into a new home later this year.

 

I thought about doing the same, but I've found it's not that much cheaper...

 

We currently pay $120 for cable/internet. If I were to go with the higher SlingTv package, plus internet, it'd only be saving me $10-20 a month. Not worth it IMO.

I thought about doing the same, but I've found it's not that much cheaper...

 

We currently pay $120 for cable/internet. If I were to go with the higher SlingTv package, plus internet, it'd only be saving me $10-20 a month. Not worth it IMO.

If it were not for sports, I would "cut the chord." For everything want to wet my sport's appetite I was not going to save.
I thought about doing the same, but I've found it's not that much cheaper...

 

We currently pay $120 for cable/internet. If I were to go with the higher SlingTv package, plus internet, it'd only be saving me $10-20 a month. Not worth it IMO.

 

Not to mention Cable (at least my Spectrum Cable) kicks tail and takes names.

So another thread talked about millennials ruining the taxi business.

 

What else has become a dying breed due to the millennials?

 

Napkins for one. They don't buy them, only paper towels.

 

 

For you youngsters, this is not a slam on you, just looking for a few facts on how lifestyles have changed over time.

 

Seriously on napkins?

 

I have both on hand at all times. I actually prefer a quality napkin more often than a paper towel.

I thought about doing the same, but I've found it's not that much cheaper...

 

We currently pay $120 for cable/internet. If I were to go with the higher SlingTv package, plus internet, it'd only be saving me $10-20 a month. Not worth it IMO.

 

We cut the chord back in July. Decided once college basketball season started we'd get a streaming service. College basketball season rolled around and we realized we'd rather save the money than pay to watch a couple of games a week. It's not for everyone, but it's saving us well over $100 a month and we still get all the sports on the local national channels.

It's not millenials that are killing anything. It's just product evolution that's happening. As long as people keep innovating and improving on existing items/creating new ways to do things, society will continue to evolve and move further away from the "good ole days" and kill the markets that are tied to the old methods.

Fast, casual dining chains. Too many local options that young professionals like better. Enjoy your Applebee’s now because it doesn’t have much longer to live.

We're not millennials.

 

- Cut the cord 3 years ago.

 

- Keep napkins around only to set the table for guests. Other then that it's paper towels.

 

- Prefer talking on the phone to family members. Prefer texting for everybody else.

Seriously on napkins?

 

I have both on hand at all times. I actually prefer a quality napkin more often than a paper towel.

I have never bought napkins. It’s paper towels only for me. I do try and stockpile napkins from places like Chipotle to keep in my car to blow my nose or clean small messes but that’s it. To me napkins are basically useless and have zero reason to buy them.

One thing millenials have given life to instead of ruining is brunch. Nothing better than sleeping in on the weekends and heading to brunch.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.