January 30, 20188 yr Heck we don’t even use paper towels but more like regular dish towels that we wash as needed. But with guests it is paper towels. I guess it would maybe be the most “millennial” thing I do other than never owning a landline.
January 30, 20188 yr We've been "internet only" for about a year, now. We save well over $100 a month and get all the sports and entertainment we ever had on cable. This all may change with the recent FCC ruling practically eliminating net neutrality. Another thread topic.
January 30, 20188 yr 42yo and have only ever bought napkins for parties/cook outs. I don't see it as millennials killing anything. It's just how the world evolves. Better products come and things change.
January 30, 20188 yr Author Bar soap and "Breasturants". Millennials are killing list - Business Insider
January 30, 20188 yr We can't take all the credit, (Waddup Gen-X) but we pretty much ended hard copies of music and literature. And "Proper" English.
January 30, 20188 yr I have never bought napkins. It’s paper towels only for me. I do try and stockpile napkins from places like Chipotle to keep in my car to blow my nose or clean small messes but that’s it. To me napkins are basically useless and have zero reason to buy them. Try some Kroger napkins and let me know what you think. They are way better than the coarse Chipotle type napkins. In my opinion they are softer, stronger, and thinner.
January 30, 20188 yr We can't take all the credit, (Waddup Gen-X) but we pretty much ended hard copies of music and literature. And "Proper" English. Theft eliminated hard copies of music.
January 30, 20188 yr We cut the chord back in July. Decided once college basketball season started we'd get a streaming service. College basketball season rolled around and we realized we'd rather save the money than pay to watch a couple of games a week. It's not for everyone, but it's saving us well over $100 a month and we still get all the sports on the local national channels. If you're saving $100 a month, what in the world were you spending before? :lol2:
January 30, 20188 yr If you're saving $100 a month, what in the world were you spending before? :lol2: We were spending about $120 a month for DirecTV if I recall correctly. Now we're spending $0.
January 30, 20188 yr Interpersonal communication. Just because old people don't like/know how to text, doesn't mean millennials don't know how to communicate. :lol2:
January 30, 20188 yr We were spending about $120 a month for DirecTV if I recall correctly. Now we're spending $0. You were paying that for only cable/satellite, not including internet?
January 30, 20188 yr You were paying that for only cable/satellite, not including internet? Yep. Two DVRs, 3 TVs...
January 30, 20188 yr Theft eliminated hard copies of music. Like I said, some of that is on Generation X...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.