Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bears 24 Cardinals 23

Featured Replies

Edge the first player in history with 36 attempts and less than 56 yards...

  • Replies 70
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edge the first player in history with 36 attempts and less than 56 yards...

I was wondering if that was some kind of record.

This is the Cardinals we're talking about. Anything fewer than four scores, especially with Edge and the running game unable to muster anything more than 1.5 yards per carry, you should've been throwing danger flags.

 

FWIW, the yayhoos around me at the bar will back me up in calling this one. Especially on my call of the Hester PR. It went like this:

 

"He's got it in a good spot … good move, he could find a lane … he found a lane … one more guy to beat … (at the 50) BYE … BYE."

 

So you called it as it happened? And you're bragging about it?

 

To be honest, that just sounds like it would be annoying. ;):lol:

So you called it as it happened? And you're bragging about it?

 

To be honest, that just sounds like it would be annoying. ;):lol:

 

Under normal circumstances, perhaps. But when you've been calling TDs and home runs all weekend, to call a PR before it happens to win a game on Monday night means jack. What is killing me is why I didn't go to the track this weekend; and that I hope that prescience holds 'til Friday. :irked:

Stuck at work and listening to the game on the radio........... the announcer (I think it was Marv Albert with Boomer Esaison) basically called the 40 yard field goal like "GOOD! The Cardinals take back the lead" and I yell to another guy that the Cardinals had the lead and then about 10 seconds later I hear something like .........."Wait, they are saying No Good he missed it!!"

 

And then Boomer says, "Unbelievable"

 

What????????:confused:

Of all people, Charles Barkley, renowned football expert that he is, was on the air just before halftime, saying that the Cardinals' field goals (instead of touchdowns) would come back to haunt them, and that 20 points wouldn't be enough to win the game.

Stuck at work and listening to the game on the radio........... the announcer (I think it was Marv Albert with Boomer Esaison) basically called the 40 yard field goal like "GOOD! The Cardinals take back the lead" and I yell to another guy that the Cardinals had the lead and then about 10 seconds later I hear something like .........."Wait, they are saying No Good he missed it!!"

 

And then Boomer says, "Unbelievable"

 

What????????:confused:

 

Yeah, I heard that broadcast. I didn't bother reading too much into Boomer's call …

Of all people, Charles Barkley, renowned football expert that he is, was on the air just before halftime, saying that the Cardinals' field goals (instead of touchdowns) would come back to haunt them, and that 20 points wouldn't be enough to win the game.

 

What was even more funny was Kornheiser telling him "The Bears are down

20. They aren't coming back." And Barkley kept telling him "The Cards need touchdowns. They'll lose momentum if they don't score TD's."

 

I really got a kick out of that. :lol:

2nd thought: NEVER, and I mean NEVER, should this team be confused with or talked about in the same sentence as the '85 Bears. IMO, the Bears will do well, but like last year will struggle with the top teams come playoff time.

 

I am with you on that one. Before the game they were going player by player and coach to coach for the '85 team to this one. Grossman or McMahon? I wanted to yell at the TV "Are you SERIOUS?!?" Singletary to Urlacher? I mean, Brian's good, but Singletary...... Unbelievable that a few wins over such stellar talents as Green Bay, Detroit, and Buffalo could confuse people so. The win over Seattle was and still is their only great game, and they'll still be living off that for a while.

 

The Bears are not the best team in the NFL, and they will never be because Rex Grossman is their QB. He is an injury/turnover machine waiting to happen.

Of all people, Charles Barkley, renowned football expert that he is, was on the air just before halftime, saying that the Cardinals' field goals (instead of touchdowns) would come back to haunt them, and that 20 points wouldn't be enough to win the game.

I heard that!! Kornheiser laughed in his face. I say Sir Charles called him after the game to say "I told you so". Maybe they should replace Kornheiser with Barkley. I have had enough of TK.

It is funny how things change so quickly. I ended up falling to sleep midway through the third quarter... the Bears defense is overrated and a wreck, Leinart is cleaning off the rookie of the year trophy, and Dennis Green has his name back in the coach of the year category.

 

I wake up and Leinart looks lost after the collapse, Urlacher is an MVP candidate, and Dennis Green may be out of a job in a few weeks.

Fun game to watch and I agree with aforementioned comments, the Cardinals played not to lose this game, once they were up 20-3.

 

Leinart looked impressive and the Bears, just found ways to score since the offense was offensive....

I think the best team in the NFL right now might be the Chargers, now that Schottenheimer will let Rivers throw the ball. With that defense, and an offense that is dangerous running it, and a passing game that is effective short or long, and a solid punt/kick game, they have the total package. There are a lot of other very good teams, but I can't think of one that is as complete as San Diego right now.

 

The Bears aren't. Last night exposed a running game weakness and I thought Theismann's analysis was good that Grossman won't take the underneath routes.

Of all people, Charles Barkley, renowned football expert that he is, was on the air just before halftime, saying that the Cardinals' field goals (instead of touchdowns) would come back to haunt them, and that 20 points wouldn't be enough to win the game.

That was hysterical--especially since he was 100% correct! I'm with Jim and Hangman, I knew da Bears were going to come back. The time could not move fast enough for the Cardinals. It was kind of like when UK football gets up one someone, you know somehow, someway, they are going to find a way to lose? That's the feeling I had for AZ last night. Also, Urlacher is one tough hombre. Leinart impressed me more than I thought he would. Green going ballistic was priceless.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.