Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bears 24 Cardinals 23

Featured Replies

I put a lot of the blame on Dennis Green, he basically shut down his offense in the 3rd trying to protect the lead, against the one team best suited to let their defense bring them back into the game. Even on the last drive he was obviously willing to settle for the field goal attempt. Leinart was moving the ball and Boldin is a big strong target. After what happened last week, I think that I would be trying to find the end zone until the clock was about to expire.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW. All you people that said you thought the Bears would win are crazy. No way did you think there Offense would come back to life and score 2 TD's. Lucky for them they didn't even have to run a play.

 

At the end of the day, the Bears are still the best team in the NFL and the Cardinals are still the Cardinals. That hasn't changed yet... The Cardinals are on the way up, but they aren't there yet.

I'm real happy for Leinart, his future is very bright (as its always been)

 

I got a few laughs when I took him early in the rookie draft of my fantasy football league. Except for one round of rookies we do an auction with a $200 salary cap. It's a keeper league and I'll have $7 tied up in Leinart next year, guess I'll be laughing then.

I put a lot of the blame on Dennis Green, he basically shut down his offense in the 3rd trying to protect the lead, against the one team best suited to let their defense bring them back into the game. Even on the last drive he was obviously willing to settle for the field goal attempt. Leinart was moving the ball and Boldin is a big strong target. After what happened last week, I think that I would be trying to find the end zone until the clock was about to expire.

:thumb: :thumb:

Didn't see it going like that...

 

This is the Cardinals we're talking about. Anything fewer than four scores, especially with Edge and the running game unable to muster anything more than 1.5 yards per carry, you should've been throwing danger flags.

 

FWIW, the yayhoos around me at the bar will back me up in calling this one. Especially on my call of the Hester PR. It went like this:

 

"He's got it in a good spot … good move, he could find a lane … he found a lane … one more guy to beat … (at the 50) BYE … BYE."

I never had a doubt in my mind that the Bears would win. The whole game.. Just kind of waiting for them to take control...

 

That said, even though I knew they would win.. They should've lost.

You never had a doubt? Being down 20 in the second half, turning over the ball 7 times, you never thought......gee, we can't hold onto the ball long enough to score, so how can we win? IMO, this is right up there with some of the biggest chokes of all time. The Bears did everything in their power to give the game away, I'm sure ESPN will come up with stat for tommorrow as to when the last time a team won with 7 turnovers. But no no, the Cardinals couldn't graciously take their win.......they 1UPed the Bears by turning their turnovers into touchdowns for the other team.

 

I am sure the Bears are a decent team.........but I have 2 thoughts. First, same old Bears, different year. They suck offensively, look who they played early this year. Their D is very solid and they are improved on ST with Hester.

 

2nd thought: NEVER, and I mean NEVER, should this team be confused with or talked about in the same sentence as the '85 Bears. IMO, the Bears will do well, but like last year will struggle with the top teams come playoff time.

 

On a side note, in my fantasy league, one of my buddies has been patting himself on the back awful hard lately. His reason: He starts 5 Bears. Grossman, Jones, Berrian, the TE, and Gould. I'm pretty sure he'll be pretty quiet this week after scoring just 15 points!! :lol:

At the end of the day, the Bears are still the best team in the NFL and the Cardinals are still the Cardinals. That hasn't changed yet... The Cardinals are on the way up, but they aren't there yet.

I agree with most of that. I don't think they are the best team but they are defiantly top 3.:thumb:

You never had a doubt? Being down 20 in the second half, turning over the ball 7 times, you never thought......gee, we can't hold onto the ball long enough to score, so how can we win? IMO, this is right up there with some of the biggest chokes of all time. The Bears did everything in their power to give the game away, I'm sure ESPN will come up with stat for tommorrow as to when the last time a team won with 7 turnovers. But no no, the Cardinals couldn't graciously take their win.......they 1UPed the Bears by turning their turnovers into touchdowns for the other team.

 

I am sure the Bears are a decent team.........but I have 2 thoughts. First, same old Bears, different year. They suck offensively, look who they played early this year. Their D is very solid and they are improved on ST with Hester.

 

2nd thought: NEVER, and I mean NEVER, should this team be confused with or talked about in the same sentence as the '85 Bears. IMO, the Bears will do well, but like last year will struggle with the top teams come playoff time.

 

On a side note, in my fantasy league, one of my buddies has been patting himself on the back awful hard lately. His reason: He starts 5 Bears. Grossman, Jones, Berrian, the TE, and Gould. I'm pretty sure he'll be pretty quiet this week after scoring just 15 points!! :lol:

 

Well, it was six turnovers and not seven, but I know what you're saying. Still, I had no doubts. Again, we're talking about the Cardinals.

 

And still, it doesn't matter. The AFC is still much better than the NFC, and whoever wins the NFC still loses in the SB. But I can see Chicago making it easier than the rest of the lot.

 

And while you are wont to trash on the Chicago offense's bad performance tonight — and it was bad — are you also thrashing the Bengal offense? They've been pretty weak this year, on a few occasions. This is the first power outage for the Bears' offense, so I'm willing to give them a mulligan.

As I said in the update thread "if the bears win this game, they will win the superbowl" and I stand by that....

As I said in the update thread "if the bears win this game, they will win the superbowl" and I stand by that....

And I say they won't either way.... and ill stand by that. I'm just not really sold on them and tonite showed why. A good team would have put them out at the end.

And I say the won't either way.... and ill stand by that. I'm just not really sold on them and tonite showed why. A good team would have put them out at the end.

 

The point is that there aren't that many good teams in the NFC.

The point is that there aren't that many good teams in the NFC.

:thumb:

Green threw a fit... It was funny... :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.