Eating Out 2018

TAC

On a related note, we were traveling back from Cincy last week and saw a giant backup at the top of the hill, just out of Wilder. Took a detour on the Licking Pike to get around it and almost immediately passed the Knotty Pine. Took the opportunity to check out the menu. I think our first trip there is in the near future.

Give me a shout, We will dine with you.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ate some Eli's BBQ. I had the hotdogs with slaw and sauce on top. Normally that's pretty good but I guess I wasn't feeling them today.

They did have some Otis Redding playing on the record player and that more than made up for the letdown on the dogs.

Maybe next time I'll go back to the smoked turkey.

Used our Groupon for The Celestial Steak house last night. Had the lobster and the wife had the filet. We shared. It was wonderful. Went next door to the bar area for a drink after dinner. Best view in all of the city. Cool place.

Spring Break this past week:

McDonalds of Corbin (Two $1 chicken minus one bun)

Momma's Chicken Kitchen (FC, mash, green beans, slaw, biscuits)

Alamo Steakhouse (16oz Ribeye, baked, salad)

McDonalds of Powell TN (Double QP meal)

Leftovers from Alamo and Mommas upon return

Joe Balognas (Meatball Pizza)

Guthrie's (5 piece box)

After 7 days I will finally be eating a home cooked meal.

Hit The Smoking Pig last night. Shared the pod out platter with pulled chicken, pulled pork, ribs, and brisket plus 3 sides. The chicken and ribs were good, but the brisket was a little over cooked and the pulled pork way over smoked. Been there before though and the pork was awesome! Will try it again someday.

Hit The Smoking Pig last night. Shared the pod out platter with pulled chicken, pulled pork, ribs, and brisket plus 3 sides. The chicken and ribs were good, but the brisket was a little over cooked and the pulled pork way over smoked. Been there before though and the pork was awesome! Will try it again someday.

Normally that from Smoking Pig brisket is spot on. That with some Carolina Mustard sauce is a grand slam.

Just ate some Eli's BBQ. I had the hotdogs with slaw and sauce on top. Normally that's pretty good but I guess I wasn't feeling them today.

They did have some Otis Redding playing on the record player and that more than made up for the letdown on the dogs.

Maybe next time I'll go back to the smoked turkey.

I prefer the pulled pork sandwich but my wife loves the turkey.

Ok I may have met my match. I just added butcher and barrel to my list tonight. Been thinking about starting a new thread/forum called Tac’s take.all about my dining experiences. I’m assuming the Guru would give me my own forum since that weather guy I adore got one. Lol.

I forgot about B&B. Really enjoyed the wings and the deviled eggs there.

Went to Lucious Q for the first time Friday. Very tasty BBQ joint.

Been another week of eating out. I was in Hilton Head last week on a guys trip. There was no cooking going on in the house.

Came home Monday and had dinner booked at Sotto. What a great dining experience. Foods I would never order (nor could I pronounce them). We had 4 of us and shared plates on the recommendation of the server. Everything was fantastic. Even had these little powdery doughnuts to end the evening.

Last night used a Groupon for a place in Covington called Inspirado. Friends had told us about it and the groupon appeared the next day. Another great experience. Food and staff were both top notch.

I always wait too long to try to get into Sotto unless I'm down with a 9:45 dinner. I need to plan ahead.

I always wait too long to try to get into Sotto unless I'm down with a 9:45 dinner. I need to plan ahead.

Brutal. We like to just go on the fly. Hard to do at the nice places. People are spending money at nice places.