Eating Out 2018

TAC

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jeff Ruby Cincy area restaurants are running a special till the end of the month. Filet and lobster tail for 2 for $99.00! Tried it tonight since schedule will be brutal before the end of the month. Includes salad and sides. Great deal!

Don’t get me wrong, we had a couple of drinks and some apps so it was not a cheap date. Luckily we had some Ruby certificates from Xmas that helped ease the pain.

If you plan on trying it, book now. Placed as sold out tonight. We did the Precinct.

You got away a little cheaper than I did. Lol

LOL yes I did.

Went back to service station for a plate lunch today. Fried fish, green beans with country ham, and steamed veggies, and energy drink. It was good and reasonable, $5.99.

Men are gone to Florida so it is just me.

Yesterday I had tomota soup, cottage cheese, tomatoes and Cheetos and energy drink

LOL yes I did.

Went back to service station for a plate lunch today. Fried fish, green beans with country ham, and steamed veggies, and energy drink. It was good and reasonable, $5.99.

Men are gone to Florida so it is just me.

Yesterday I had tomota soup, cottage cheese, tomatoes and Cheetos and energy drink

Cheap date!!

• 2 weeks later...

Been another week of eating out. I was in Hilton Head last week on a guys trip. There was no cooking going on in the house.

Came home Monday and had dinner booked at Sotto. What a great dining experience. Foods I would never order (nor could I pronounce them). We had 4 of us and shared plates on the recommendation of the server. Everything was fantastic. Even had these little powdery doughnuts to end the evening.

Last night used a Groupon for a place in Covington called Inspirado. Friends had told us about it and the groupon appeared the next day. Another great experience. Food and staff were both top notch.

I haven't perused the thread but I will add some of my favorite new places in NKY/Cincinnati.

Inspirado in Covington

Main St Tavern Covington

Boomtown Biscuits OTR

Panino OTR

Ollie's Trolly - near OTR

Ft Mitchell Public House

Bouquet - Covington

Court Street Lobster Bar - downtown

Dunlap Cafe - downtown

The Royal - OTR

Keyhole - Ludlow

I haven't perused the thread but I will add some of my favorite new places in NKY/Cincinnati.

Inspirado in Covington

Main St Tavern Covington

Boomtown Biscuits OTR

Panino OTR

Ollie's Trolly - near OTR

Ft Mitchell Public House

Bouquet - Covington

Court Street Lobster Bar - downtown

Dunlap Cafe - downtown

The Royal - OTR

Keyhole - Ludlow

Ok I may have met my match. I just added butcher and barrel to my list tonight. Been thinking about starting a new thread/forum called Tac’s take.all about my dining experiences. I’m assuming the Guru would give me my own forum since that weather guy I adore got one. Lol.

Ok I may have met my match. I just added butcher and barrel to my list tonight. Been thinking about starting a new thread/forum called Tac’s take.all about my dining experiences. I’m assuming the Guru would give me my own forum since that weather guy I adore got one. Lol.

On a related note, we were traveling back from Cincy last week and saw a giant backup at the top of the hill, just out of Wilder. Took a detour on the Licking Pike to get around it and almost immediately passed the Knotty Pine. Took the opportunity to check out the menu. I think our first trip there is in the near future.