October 16, 200619 yr I don't think there was any chance for Joseph to catch the one I was referring to, but he tipped it to where O'Neal couldn't make the easiest INT of his life. Surely you're not suggesting he should have let that ball go, right?
October 16, 200619 yr Unless you guys have viewed a different angle than I have, I don't think the qb fumbled when Just Smith sacked him and was called for a penalty. Had it not been for the penalty, the play would have been reviewed and the ball given back to TB. The ball came out when his body hit the ground.
October 16, 200619 yr Unless you guys have viewed a different angle than I have, I don't think the qb fumbled when Just Smith sacked him and was called for a penalty. Had it not been for the penalty, the play would have been reviewed and the ball given back to TB. The ball came out when his body hit the ground. You are likely correct. But it would have been 2 and 18 from the 40 instead of 1 and 10 from inside the 20.
October 16, 200619 yr Surely you're not suggesting he should have let that ball go, right? He's taught to tip that ball. The other one he flat missed, but he had to tip the one.
October 16, 200619 yr You are likely correct. But it would have been 2 and 18 from the 40 instead of 1 and 10 from inside the 20. Agreed. My post was in response to earlier posts that said it was a fumble. I can't see that from the replays I've seen.
October 16, 200619 yr He's taught to tip that ball. The other one he flat missed, but he had to tip the one. I'll give him a break on the one you say he missed. He had already committed himself to making the tackle/delivering a blow and his hands were not ready.
October 16, 200619 yr That ref seemed to throw a flag on every other play. He had already had one flag picked up after he threw it on a roughing the passer earlier in the game(when the qb slid head first and was tagged down by our linebacker). Can the nfl review the game and suspend or fine him for making bad calls and being "flag happy"?
October 16, 200619 yr Had there been no penalty noone would have cared. That call was flat awful and you're wearing anti-bengal glasses if you think otherwise.Guilty as charged.
October 16, 200619 yr Why do the Bengals not blitz as much as other teams seemed to do. On the last series, the Bengals seemed to play coverage and let the Bucs move down the field. The front 4 is not getting the job down on their own. While the Bucs blitzed and sacked Carson and rushed him.
October 16, 200619 yr Why do the Bengals not blitz as much as other teams seemed to do. On the last series, the Bengals seemed to play coverage and let the Bucs move down the field. The front 4 is not getting the job down on their own. While the Bucs blitzed and sacked Carson and rushed him. Every game I sit there and think the same exact thing. I thought I was just crazy.
October 16, 200619 yr Why do the Bengals not blitz as much as other teams seemed to do. On the last series, the Bengals seemed to play coverage and let the Bucs move down the field. The front 4 is not getting the job down on their own. While the Bucs blitzed and sacked Carson and rushed him. Blitzing puts a burden on your corners. Maybe Marv doesn't think his corners can handle it.
October 16, 200619 yr Why do the Bengals not blitz as much as other teams seemed to do. On the last series, the Bengals seemed to play coverage and let the Bucs move down the field. The front 4 is not getting the job down on their own. While the Bucs blitzed and sacked Carson and rushed him. It isn't the front four. Our LB's are flat awful. Caleb Miller, Landon Johnson, and Ahmad Brooks started yesterday.
October 16, 200619 yr Blitzing puts a burden on your corners. Maybe Marv doesn't think his corners can handle it. I think he's confident in Oneal, it's James that can't handle it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.