Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your favorite NFL Team and how you became a fan of them.

Favorite NFL Team? 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Favorite NFL Team?

    • Bears
      3%
    • Packers
      3%
    • Giants
      3%
    • Redskins
      3%
    • Steelers
      12%
    • Eagles
      6%
    • Rams
      3%
    • Browns
      9%
    • Colts
      0%
      0
    • Cowboys
      6%
    • Broncos
      0%
      0
    • Patriots
      3%
    • Raiders
      0%
      0
    • Titans
      0%
      0
    • Vikings
      3%
    • Dolphins
      3%
    • Bengals
      28%
    • Panthers
      0%
      0
    • Ravens
      3%
    • Other (List in thread)
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I used to be a huge Cowboys fan. Still am, to a degree. However, a friend of mine lives in Baltimore and each week we would talk about the Ravens and the more I watched them, the more I became a fan. I miss some of the recent former players, like Ed Reed and yes, Ray Lewis, but I'm totally enamored with Justin Tucker!

 

I've always been lukewarm on Flacco.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Browns

 

Grew up 50 miles from Cleveland stadium.

 

 

 

2) Bears

 

The lovely MrcC grew up in Chicago. So I adoted her team also when we got married.

 

She is as big a football fan as I am.

The Bengals due to vicinity, but the Music City Miracle, Steve McNair, Eddie George, and Vince Young made the Titans my favorite team I rarely watch. Got to see a lot of rookie "Dash" and the CJ2K season during my time in Bowling Green before moving back to NKY for several years of mediocrity as a Bengals loyalist.

 

Now, I'm ready for the NFL to fall apart.

Browns

 

In the early 90's, the Bengals frustrated me already and I decided to adopt a team. I thought long and hard about it and chose the Browns. Bill Belichick was their head coach at the time. Just when I started to feel good about my decision to call the Browns my own, they bolted for Baltimore. I was officially a fan without a team for a few years. I felt lost and betrayed. 1999 rolls around and I've got my beloved Browns back and I'm happy as can be. Little did I know the pain that would follow for the next 18 seasons. Despite this, I don't quit and I'm the eternal optimist for the Browns. I keep telling myself that when the Browns return to glory, it'll all be worth it. I'm not jumping off this bus now just when things will start turning around. See what I did there? Eternal optimism.

One of the guys in my graduating HS class played several years in the NFL. Name of Bill Currier.

Packers.......have family from Wisconsin. My grandfather used to see Cecil Isbell and Don Hudson play.

I'm sorry in advance.

 

I cant wait. The Jags are the only team that have a chance against NE. Elite defense and Tom Coughlin. Guess I'll have to remember this.

Second Fred Taylor sighting in as many threads! Love that dude. Almost committed to the Jags when Natrone Means did his thing in 1997 against the Broncos.

 

The Jagwads year!

My Dad was a Browns' fan growing up, because we had family from Northern Ohio, and early on there were no Bengals (Showing my age). Became a Bengals' fan when they started, and really appreciated Paul Brown's ability to judge talent, which unfortunately his son didn't inherit & still hasn't realized!

 

Had tons of great times & season tickets for many years through the Kenny Anderson--Boomer Esiason eras; and was really a diehard back then. Interest wained through the "Lost Decades", even though I still attended many games until I got tired of helping feed Mikey's greed & it dawned on me that my yearly donations were part of the problem.

 

Tried to revive the magic a couple times, including getting season tickets last year when we truly became empty nesters; but it just wasn't the same product I'd fallen in love with years ago--Sad!

 

Always loved the old Kenny Stabler Raiders, probably because most others hated them; and have to admit, I've always admired what the Patriots & Steelers's organizations have done, especially given the socialist structure of the NFL.

 

Shopping for a new team now at the suggestion of my son, as the Bengals have just become to frustrating to watch any longer; but don't want to become a bandwagoner, so may wait until next year. Wife has a lot of family ties to Green Bay, so they provide some respite from the endless episodes of "As the Bengal Turns"!

 

Get on the bandwagon now before it's too late.

As everyone knows, I'm a Seahawks fan and have been for the last 20 years. They were the team I randomly adopted as my own when NFL Gameday 98 was bundled with my PlayStation console. As I grew and became obsessed with Pearl Jam and other "grunge" bands from Seattle, it only further cemented them as my team.

 

I was able to attend my first game this year on my first visit to the city, and it just felt like the perfect match. My wife and I are already planning our next trip to the Pacific Northwest.

 

Go 'Hawks!

Cowboys since birth! Though I’ve always been a fan of Tom Brady and as much as I dislike the Steelers they have some awesome players and I find it hard to root against them at times. Honestly I just appreciate a good game as long as my boys aren’t playing

I grew up a Bengal fan, since all their games were played on the NBC affiliate out of Knoxville. I still follow them.

 

I became a Packer fan when I lived in Milwaukee. The first NFL game I ever attended was a Packer game at Milwaukee County Stadium.

 

35+ years ago, when I decided to adopt Tampa Bay as my home, I became a Buc fan and have been ever since.

Steelers Fans in the Greater Cincinnati Area: "The Bengals sucked when I was little so I latched on to the Steelers because I was a wimp and couldn't cheer on a losing team."

 

You should research the Rust Belt diaspora. Steelers have pockets of fans all across the nation that have been in those cities since the steel mills shut down.

You should research the Rust Belt diaspora. Steelers have pockets of fans all across the nation that have been in those cities since the steel mills shut down.
I understand there are a lot of displaced families from Pittsburgh. There are also a ton of Steelers fans who grew up in Cincinnati whose only connection to Pittsburgh is the Steelers were good and the Bengals weren't. Not judging, just stating what I have found over the years.
I understand there are a lot of displaced families from Pittsburgh. There are also a ton of Steelers fans who grew up in Cincinnati whose only connection to Pittsburgh is the Steelers were good and the Bengals weren't. Not judging, just stating what I have found over the years.

 

So just because you live in Cincy means you have to cheer for the Bengals?

 

What about people in Cincy who are fans of teams other than Pittsburgh... You salty about them too? :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.