Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your favorite NFL Team and how you became a fan of them.

Favorite NFL Team? 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Favorite NFL Team?

    • Bears
      3%
    • Packers
      3%
    • Giants
      3%
    • Redskins
      3%
    • Steelers
      12%
    • Eagles
      6%
    • Rams
      3%
    • Browns
      9%
    • Colts
      0%
      0
    • Cowboys
      6%
    • Broncos
      0%
      0
    • Patriots
      3%
    • Raiders
      0%
      0
    • Titans
      0%
      0
    • Vikings
      3%
    • Dolphins
      3%
    • Bengals
      28%
    • Panthers
      0%
      0
    • Ravens
      3%
    • Other (List in thread)
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

For a brief time it was the Bengals because of Ickey Woods. For a much longer time it was the Raiders because of Marcus Allen. Liked the Browns while Tim Couch was there.

 

Haven't had a team for years, and with each passing season, I watch fewer and fewer games. I suppose the team I most enjoy watching is the Patriots, but I am not a fan.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bengals. My dad bought season tickets in 1979 and we have planned our Sundays in the fall around the Bengals games since I was born. Being a Bengals fan is all I've ever known. Growing up I didn't understand just how much pain and suffering my Dad had sat through all of these years. He had 2 tickets at Riverfront but when PBS opened we bought 4. Being a Bengals fan is the truest fandom one can ever know. For a brief second in January I felt the greatest emotion I've ever felt in my years of fandom. I still have nightmares about Palmer lying on the ground and Jeremy Hill fumbling the football.

Steelers Fans in the Greater Cincinnati Area: "The Bengals sucked when I was little so I latched on to the Steelers because I was a wimp and couldn't cheer on a losing team."

My Dad was a Browns' fan growing up, because we had family from Northern Ohio, and early on there were no Bengals (Showing my age). Became a Bengals' fan when they started, and really appreciated Paul Brown's ability to judge talent, which unfortunately his son didn't inherit & still hasn't realized!

 

Had tons of great times & season tickets for many years through the Kenny Anderson--Boomer Esiason eras; and was really a diehard back then. Interest wained through the "Lost Decades", even though I still attended many games until I got tired of helping feed Mikey's greed & it dawned on me that my yearly donations were part of the problem.

 

Tried to revive the magic a couple times, including getting season tickets last year when we truly became empty nesters; but it just wasn't the same product I'd fallen in love with years ago--Sad!

 

Always loved the old Kenny Stabler Raiders, probably because most others hated them; and have to admit, I've always admired what the Patriots & Steelers's organizations have done, especially given the socialist structure of the NFL.

 

Shopping for a new team now at the suggestion of my son, as the Bengals have just become to frustrating to watch any longer; but don't want to become a bandwagoner, so may wait until next year. Wife has a lot of family ties to Green Bay, so they provide some respite from the endless episodes of "As the Bengal Turns"!

My Dad was a Browns' fan growing up, because we had family from Northern Ohio, and early on there were no Bengals (Showing my age). Became a Bengals' fan when they started, and really appreciated Paul Brown's ability to judge talent, which unfortunately his son didn't inherit & still hasn't realized!

 

Had tons of great times & season tickets for many years through the Kenny Anderson--Boomer Esiason eras; and was really a diehard back then. Interest wained through the "Lost Decades", even though I still attended many games until I got tired of helping feed Mikey's greed & it dawned on me that my yearly donations were part of the problem.

 

Tried to revive the magic a couple times, including getting season tickets last year when we truly became empty nesters; but it just wasn't the same product I'd fallen in love with years ago--Sad!

 

Always loved the old Kenny Stabler Raiders, probably because most others hated them; and have to admit, I've always admired what the Patriots & Steelers's organizations have done, especially given the socialist structure of the NFL.

 

Shopping for a new team now at the suggestion of my son, as the Bengals have just become to frustrating to watch any longer; but don't want to become a bandwagoner, so may wait until next year. Wife has a lot of family ties to Green Bay, so they provide some respite from the endless episodes of "As the Bengal Turns"!

 

Best game I ever saw in person. Raiders 37, Colts 31, double OT. "Ghost to the Post".

Patriots. It goes back to when I was 9 or 10 and just getting into college football, I decided I liked Michigan because I was a big X-Men fan and they were the Wolverines, their helmets were cool and they had the best player in college football at the time in Charles Woodson.

 

Around that same time my brothers and I got a playstation for Christmas and we had NFL Gameday (I think it was 96), and I would always randomly be the Patriots with Curtis Martin, Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn, Ben Coates, etc. Fast forward 4-5 years when Bledsoe went down and a Michigan kid named Tom Brady took over, and the rest is history.

Eagles. Grew up 1.5 hours from Philly and my parents were both fans of all Philly sports. My fandom was cemented in my college years as the Eagles used to hold their training camp where I went to college. This was during the Buddy Ryan/Randall/Reggie years. Got to meet and hang out with lots of the players and have a few cool stories to tell.

I was born a Bengal fan, but my dad was always more of a college football fan than an NFL guy. The Bengals really won me back when they drafted a kid out of FSU named Peter Warrick, and I started to follow the team religiously. I bought season tickets a couple years back, and had them 4-5 years before I gave them up. I still go to 2-3 games a year, but my Bengal fandom rubbed off on my brother who now has season tickets.

The days we don't make the trek to PBS my brother and I always meet up and watch the game, and have beers with lunch.

My Dad was a Browns' fan growing up, because we had family from Northern Ohio, and early on there were no Bengals (Showing my age). Became a Bengals' fan when they started, and really appreciated Paul Brown's ability to judge talent, which unfortunately his son didn't inherit & still hasn't realized!

 

Had tons of great times & season tickets for many years through the Kenny Anderson--Boomer Esiason eras; and was really a diehard back then. Interest wained through the "Lost Decades", even though I still attended many games until I got tired of helping feed Mikey's greed & it dawned on me that my yearly donations were part of the problem.

 

Tried to revive the magic a couple times, including getting season tickets last year when we truly became empty nesters; but it just wasn't the same product I'd fallen in love with years ago--Sad!

 

Always loved the old Kenny Stabler Raiders, probably because most others hated them; and have to admit, I've always admired what the Patriots & Steelers's organizations have done, especially given the socialist structure of the NFL.

 

Shopping for a new team now at the suggestion of my son, as the Bengals have just become to frustrating to watch any longer; but don't want to become a bandwagoner, so may wait until next year. Wife has a lot of family ties to Green Bay, so they provide some respite from the endless episodes of "As the Bengal Turns"!

 

Let me suggest the Cleveland Browns as your new team. Seriously. Using things you've stated...

 

1. You can't be accused of "jumping on the bandwagon". The Browns are horrible now.

 

2. Hue Jackson is the HC, a former Bengal assistant, so he has a tie to your former team. In a year or two they will be respectable again because of the foundation laid in the draft over the last few seasons. Plus, it is a good possibility that AJ McCarron becomes a Brown in the off-season. Won't it be fun to root for Hue and AJ again?

 

3. The Browns were the first team started by Paul Brown, whom you admire. They are his namesake.

 

4. There are still Browns fans in the Cinci area since all of Cincinnati rooted for the Browns before the Bengals existed.

 

5. The Browns are also an Ohio team and were the original rivals to the Steelers. Browns fans hate the Steelers worse than Bengals fans do. So you can continue to intensely hate the Steelers because they are in the same division as your new favorite team.

 

6. In Cleveland, it's not about the owner at all. Haslem is new and is actually trying to gain credibility with the fans. I don't know if he will do that. The only way is to produce a winner.

 

7. The history of Cleveland is great. The Browns have the best franchise start in sports history... 10 championship games with 7 victories in their first 10 years. This success built a rabid fan base that still exists today. They remained competitive for decades until Art Modell stole the team and moved it to Baltimore. We got it back. The Cowboys always claimed to be "America's Team" but in reality there were more Browns fans throughout the country than any other team's fans. Browns Backers clubs out numbered all other fan clubs before the team was stolen. Start reading stuff about Brown's history and their great players from the past and you will see how you could have pride in them.

 

8. When Cleveland starts winning again most of Ohio will return to being Browns fans, from Dayton, Chillicothe, Portsmouth and all points north and east.

 

9. Jim Brown is Cleveland's greatest player. His is also the NFL's greatest player. The GOAT NFL QB is Otto Graham.

 

10. The next closest NFL team for you to go watch is Indianapolis and it is a traitor organization. Who can root for a traitor unless you actually live in Indianapolis?!

@StickerMann, those are 10 solid reasons for you to become a Browns fan!

Let me suggest the Cleveland Browns as your new team. Seriously. Using things you've stated...

 

1. You can't be accused of "jumping on the bandwagon". The Browns are horrible now.

 

2. Hue Jackson is the HC, a former Bengal assistant, so he has a tie to your former team. In a year or two they will be respectable again because of the foundation laid in the draft over the last few seasons. Plus, it is a good possibility that AJ McCarron becomes a Brown in the off-season. Won't it be fun to root for Hue and AJ again?

 

3. The Browns were the first team started by Paul Brown, whom you admire. They are his namesake.

 

4. There are still Browns fans in the Cinci area since all of Cincinnati rooted for the Browns before the Bengals existed.

 

5. The Browns are also an Ohio team and were the original rivals to the Steelers. Browns fans hate the Steelers worse than Bengals fans do. So you can continue to intensely hate the Steelers because they are in the same division as your new favorite team.

 

6. In Cleveland, it's not about the owner at all. Haslem is new and is actually trying to gain credibility with the fans. I don't know if he will do that. The only way is to produce a winner.

 

7. The history of Cleveland is great. The Browns have the best franchise start in sports history... 10 championship games with 7 victories in their first 10 years. This success built a rabid fan base that still exists today. They remained competitive for decades until Art Modell stole the team and moved it to Baltimore. We got it back. The Cowboys always claimed to be "America's Team" but in reality there were more Browns fans throughout the country than any other team's fans. Browns Backers clubs out numbered all other fan clubs before the team was stolen. Start reading stuff about Brown's history and their great players from the past and you will see how you could have pride in them.

 

8. When Cleveland starts winning again most of Ohio will return to being Browns fans, from Dayton, Chillicothe, Portsmouth and all points north and east.

 

9. Jim Brown is Cleveland's greatest player. His is also the NFL's greatest player. The GOAT NFL QB is Otto Graham.

 

10. The next closest NFL team for you to go watch is Indianapolis and it is a traitor organization. Who can root for a traitor unless you actually live in Indianapolis?!

@StickerMann, those are 10 solid reasons for you to become a Browns fan!

 

Buddy of mine fired the Bengals last season and chose the Browns for most of these 10 reasons.

This thread shows why the NFL has been as successful as it has been. In the small amount of responses received (19 votes), we have 11 different "favorite" NFL teams. No other sport would you see that.

Other... Other..... Grrrrrr..

 

I became a Jags fan because I liked the helmet as a kid. Fred Taylor was my favorite player as a kid. Til this year it was a rough sledding to be a fan. Love this team this year.

Other... Other..... Grrrrrr..

 

I became a Jags fan because I liked the helmet as a kid. Fred Taylor was my favorite player as a kid. Til this year it was a rough sledding to be a fan. Love this team this year.

 

I'm sorry in advance.

Other... Other..... Grrrrrr..

 

I became a Jags fan because I liked the helmet as a kid. Fred Taylor was my favorite player as a kid. Til this year it was a rough sledding to be a fan. Love this team this year.

Second Fred Taylor sighting in as many threads! Love that dude. Almost committed to the Jags when Natrone Means did his thing in 1997 against the Broncos.

I was originally a Raiders' fan---A HUGE one!!! Rodger Bird, from Corbin, played defensive back for the silver and black from 1966-1968. Even though I was young, I enjoyed watching the hometown boy play football on TV. After Rodger's playing days with the Raiders were over, I remained an Oakland fan- loved Darryl Lamonica, Cliff Branch, Fred Bilitnikoff, and former UK Wildcat, George Blanda.

 

After my love affair with Oakland was over, I chose to follow the "Slagneb", for no other reason that they were just a couple of hours away and I was already a big Reds' fan. Over the past couple of years, I have lost a lot of my passion for the Bengals. The Pittsburgh playoff game broke the back of the camel for me.

Edited by Science Friction

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.