Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle killed in NYC plane crash

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ESPN offered some excellent baseball stories, about Lidle and talked with many of his former teammates, coaches and players.

I'm curious to learn, the mechanical problem with the plane. They indicated a may-day distress was sent, prior to the tragedy.

Frankly, it's hard not to think of the teams involved here, for goodness sake, this is a sports forum, but for now, our thoughts and prayers should go out to his family. I have a son near the same age and can't imagine my family in the Lidle's shoes. With regards to the evil empire, I'm sure that they are heartbroken individually, but I'd guess that it'd be Lidle's wish that they'd move on business-wise ASAP. I hope and assume that his family is and will be well taken care of financially, but there will be a void that cannot be filled by any amount. Again, my prayers go out to them all.

I know that his family is the first though that anyone should have. And that this is a sports forum. It really hit home with me when I heard this yesterday. My son hates the thoughts of ever flying and all of my sons play or have played baseball. And all have been pitchers at one point or another.

I made a comment yesterday that I edited after someone called me out on it. My simple comment was, "This is just heart breaking. Yankees didn't need this."

Just a simple comment and said knowing what the Yankees team had been through since the Tigers knocking them out of the playoffs. I didn't mean anything disrespectful to his family. But, someone made it look that way. I regret posting that. Just a slip of the mind.

Still trying not to be disrespectful, but if Cory had still been with the Reds instead of the Yankees, what would your comments be? The "Evil Empire" has feelings as well. I guess that some fail to see that Cory had friends on 9 different teams and and all over the baseball community. They were friends. And it has effected them as well. Maybe not as much as his family, but still they are feeling a loss as well. Let's remember that this is a tragedy. And everyone that he has come in contact with is feeling numb, hurt, and grief.

God bless Cory's family and friends and keep them in your prayers tonight.

• 1 month later...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15759622/?GT1=8717

A 68-year-old man who almost accompanied Cory Lidle on his fatal flight in New York City last month died in a plane crash in California on Tuesday.

According to the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, Bob Cartwright, whose friend and personal pilot died in the plane crash that also killed the New York Yankees pitcher, and two other men died when their private plane crashed into the shoreline of Big Bear Lake, near Cartwright's mountain home in Sugarloaf, Calif.

That is just crazy and very sad.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15759622/?GT1=8717

A 68-year-old man who almost accompanied Cory Lidle on his fatal flight in New York City last month died in a plane crash in California on Tuesday.

According to the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, Bob Cartwright, whose friend and personal pilot died in the plane crash that also killed the New York Yankees pitcher, and two other men died when their private plane crashed into the shoreline of Big Bear Lake, near Cartwright's mountain home in Sugarloaf, Calif.

That is just crazy and very sad.

Its like something you see in those final destination movies. This is very weird and crazy. I know my prayers go out to all these people and their families and friends....