Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle killed in NYC plane crash

Word is it was his plane. There is no word if he was on it. Maybe the Yankees are doomed after the Red Sox beat them in seven a few years back.

It's not really appropriate to relate this situation to baseball & the Red Sox. It's very sad to see this happen and one can only hope that the good lord is watching over his family right now and helping them get through this very sad time. My prayers are with the Lidle family.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not really appropriate to relate this situation to baseball & the Red Sox. It's very sad to see this happen and one can only hope that the good lord is watching over his family right now and helping them get through this very sad time. My prayers are with the Lidle family.

I agree completely.

Not to pass on them I was just going on that info first, but my prayers also go out to anyone who may have been injured or even killed in the building that the plane hit. And I hope that others that may be trapped inside have their guardian angel with them and they will somehow make it through that building and can make it to safety.

....It's very sad to see this happen and one can only hope that the good lord is watching over his family right now and helping them get through this very sad time. My prayers are with the Lidle family.
Well said SVF.....:thumb:

Anytime a life is lost, if affects families and friends.

ESPN reports saying his family might not even know, as they are travelling on another plane.

It really doesn't make it any easier on them, but knowing that they have no idea what's going on, and are continuing to live ther lives... It's heartbreaking.

ESPN reports saying his family might not even know, as they are travelling on another plane.

It really doesn't make it any easier on them, but knowing that they have no idea what's going on, and are continuing to live ther lives... It's heartbreaking.

Yes, that makes it even worse because to them they may have been on their way from just seeing him, or on their way to see him. Either way it makes this situation that much more devastating and heartbreaking.

Two people in the plane announced dead including Lidle, ESPN reports. These are the only two fatalities noted. There have been 10 go to the hospital to seek treatment and two more seriously injured.

This is so sad. It breaks my heart to see someone lose their life so prematurely. I pray for the Lidle family and friends and the family and friends of those in the apartment building. Reading the article that was posted earlier is spooky reading it now. Many thoughts and prayers are being sent to all those affected. :cry: