Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Central 60 Belfry 21

Featured Replies

Lord have mercy, that's an impressive win.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought Central could score 60 on Belfry.

I don't remember when I've been this surprised at a score, very nicely done Central.

Big, big surprise. Congrats to Central.

Shocker!!!

  • Author

An absolute stunner here. Big win for the Jackets!

I don’t think anyone expected this but if you can get Belfry down their offense is not designed to play from behind. Once they have to start doing some things they are not accustomed to you see this type of thing.

 

Congrats Central. The rest of AAA just got a cold feeling up thier spine looking at this score.

I never thought anyone could score 60 on Belfry.

I agree, but I edited your thought a little.

I don’t think anyone expected this but if you can get Belfry down their offense is not designed to play from behind. Once they have to start doing some things they are not accustomed to you see this type of thing.

 

Congrats Central. The rest of AAA just got a cold feeling up thier spine looking at this score.

 

That is one of things that makes Central such a tough matchup for Belfry is their ability to create turnovers and strike fast. Their style can disrupt the methodical play of Belfry and teams like them.

 

Of course if you don't turn it over and can manage to keep the plodding rhythm going you can beat them.

Ouch!

 

Turnovers were killer and Central took advantage of them. Belfry was without some key players but I don't know if it would've mattered tonight.

 

Hate to see this incredible run come to come to an end but I'm thankful to have watched it as a Pirate fan. I'm incredibly proud of this team and our coaches. What they have accomplished is legendary.

 

Congrats to Central they played a great game and they were a LOT more physical than Belfry tonight. They earned this win.

 

I wish we could all accept defeat with as much class as Watusi. What Belfry has accomplished over the last several years is remarkable and the players, coaching staff and fans should be very proud of what this team has accomplished.

The vast majority of high school football teams in the state would love to be in your shoes.

Yowza! Oh well. Another argument against the current playoff structure. A blowout in round 3. Who wants to see a game like this in the playoffs? :sarcastic:

 

I can pick a lot of games in the playoffs this year to make this point but I won't beat it to death and I won't hijack threads to make the point. I make it here in this thread because this may be the stunner of the night - on a night with numerous stunners.

 

To state the obvious - great win for Central!

I'm not shocked that Central won, but, I certainly didn't expect this score.. If you've been paying attention throughout the year though, Central has been playing very, very good football against a very tough schedule, but because they've had a couple of losses along the way and with how well some other teams have been playing, they've kind of been flying under the radar a little.. Well, that cat's out of the bag now.. Wouldn't be surprised if the Jackets are hoisting the trophy when all's said and done..

I'm not shocked that Central won, but, I certainly didn't expect this score.. If you've been paying attention throughout the year though, Central has been playing very, very good football against a very tough schedule, but because they've had a couple of losses along the way and with how well some other teams have been playing, they've kind of been flying under the radar a little.. Well, that cat's out of the bag now.. Wouldn't be surprised if the Jackets are hoisting the trophy when all's said and done..

 

Good points. The back-to-back losses against St. X and Ballard early in the year in which they only scored 14 points total made some question. Obviously X is terrific but Ballard was just okay and that likely gave some pause. After that, though, they've been playing lights-out. Corbin, Boyle, and/or Elizabethtown will have their hands full if they have to play Central.

Good points. The back-to-back losses against St. X and Ballard early in the year in which they only scored 14 points total made some question. Obviously X is terrific but Ballard was just okay and that likely gave some pause. After that, though, they've been playing lights-out. Corbin, Boyle, and/or Elizabethtown will have their hands full if they have to play Central.

Sounds like Central's first-year coach is doing a great job.

Just one of those nights. #9 for Central runs extremely hard. They always have a stud back but that kid is the real deal and #4 can fly too. Turnovers, injuries, and lack of defensive playmaking piled up quick to make the margin what it was. Belfry got physically abused all game long! Central was faster and stronger. Felt like the wind came right out of Belfry's sails shortly after halftime which is not Belfry-like. Good luck to the Yellowjackets and the Hounds next week. Should be a great game!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.