Article About CovCath Possibly The Best Team In NKY History

Bluesport

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly!

I will go even further and say this is a lazy reporter grabbing some low hanging fruit for an article.

Maybe he was just listening to Cov. Cath radio. :lol:

In all seriousness, is AJ Mayer the best QB in Cov. Cath history. Better than McCormick, Dietz, Ellison?

AJ is great but just like the NFL there are different eras. Paul Darpel was an awesome high school quarterback. They’ve also had Blesser, David Wilson and Grogan. And while not a great quarterback members of the first state team will tell you Bieger was an incredible leader

I know - same NFL guys were juniors. There was some discussion about them as a cautionary tale in earlier part of thread.

How can you even consider them the best when they didn't even win state in '97?

Furthermore, it's not like they were even that good outside of Lorenzen and Smith. Lorenzen would run around in the pocket and was too big to be taken down, and then would just launch the ball 60 yards downfield to Smith or any other receiver that just had to run downfield and catch the ball. I realize that it's not like anyone can do that, but it's also not like it takes a whole lot of skill when your QB can out-throw an entire defense.

In all seriousness, is AJ Mayer the best QB in Cov. Cath history. Better than McCormick, Dietz, Ellison?

If you ask me, McCormick and Mayer are the top two QBs in Cov Cath history. There are a lot of similarities when you watch them play, actually. I would give AJ the nod over Adam though.

I still think Adam McCormick is the best QB ever at CCH. I watched both Mayer and Adam and I would take Adam.