Article About CovCath Possibly The Best Team In NKY History

Bluesport

I am just asking because I have no idea. My question to the CCH experts on BGP, how many guys on this CCH team will play D-I college football? I am not saying that is the most important thing to be a great team but am just curious...I know the article mentions up to 7. Is that optimistic? Or realistic?

You've got two MAC players committed.

Grant Dyer will probably play some level of D1.

You've got two sophomores that have a good chance to play Division 1.

Coldiron? Nice looking prospect.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way early and so endemic to society today. Instant “greatest team ever”. No thanks.

That 97 Birds team had high major/SEC/NFL talent. And I don’t think that was even the best HHS team.

Cov Cath is having a great year. But this talk is bordering on obnoxious.

Check that, it is obnoxious.

That would be the 98’ Birds. 97’ team lost to CCH in the mud bowl.

I am just asking because I have no idea. My question to the CCH experts on BGP, how many guys on this CCH team will play D-I college football? I am not saying that is the most important thing to be a great team but am just curious...I know the article mentions up to 7. Is that optimistic? Or realistic?

D1- I would say 5 for sure: Mayer, Butler, Coldiron, M Mayer, and Jones. Many others will most likely play in college: Pike, Dyer, McGinness, and a couple lineman.

Best in school history is one thing. To say best in NKY history may be a reach. The Lorenzen teams would have an extremely good argument. They beat a lot of teams with their starters in street cloths in the second half pre running clock. Not saying Eddie couldn’t do the same. Always tough to compare eras.

D1- I would say 5 for sure: Mayer, Butler, Coldiron, M Mayer, and Jones. Many others will most likely play in college: Pike, Dyer, McGinness, and a couple lineman.

I understand McGinness wants to play college baseball and Coldiron will get looks in baseball as well.