Article About CovCath Possibly The Best Team In NKY History

Bluesport

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he was just listening to Cov. Cath radio. :lol:

In all seriousness, is AJ Mayer the best QB in Cov. Cath history. Better than McCormick, Dietz, Ellison?

Dietz never really had big play receivers, especially his senior year, so he really didn't get to display his arm strength or big play/deep ball ability.

The day of the wreck, they moved me to receiver, so I'd be playing both ways, which I could have been the deep threat he needed, and Brett always says that he would have gone D1 if I hadn't gotten hurt and ended up being the deep threat that he thought I could be.

Not a big deal and I don't dwell on "what ifs," but that's another one that does bug me because it had an impact on other people (as did most of what happened).

Here's the only play of my life that I ever played receiver (I only played one freshmen game and we put it in as a trick play), and not too spectacular, but just the way that I go up and get the ball gives you some idea:

Dietz had potential to be the best, but right now it's AJ, hands down.

Dietz never really had big play receivers, especially his senior year, so he really didn't get to display his arm strength or big play/deep ball ability.

The day of the wreck, they moved me to receiver, so I'd be playing both ways, which I could have been the deep threat he needed, and Brett always says that he would have gone D1 if I hadn't gotten hurt and ended up being the deep threat that he thought I could be.

Not a big deal and I don't dwell on "what ifs," but that's another one that does bug me because it had an impact on other people (as did most of what happened).

Here's the only play of my life that I ever played receiver (I only played one freshmen game and we put it in as a trick play), and not too spectacular, but just the way that I go up and get the ball gives you some idea:

Dietz had potential to be the best, but right now it's AJ, hands down.

I played with Brett. Incredible all around athlete. In high school, he couldn’t match up with AJ in arm strength. Not a slight. It is an observation.

I played with Brett. Incredible all around athlete. In high school, he couldn’t match up with AJ in arm strength. Not a slight. It is an observation.

Everything I remember said he could, he just never had the opportunity, like I said.

I remember him tossing balls at least 50 yards downfield in perfect spirals without much air- just a bit higher than bullets.

Until I moved to safety at the end of my freshman season (his junior year), I was his backup and experienced up-close how amazing his arm was.

Edited by BFritz

My main point is don’t announce they are the BEST EVER NKY team when you still have a few more rounds of the playoffs to go. Last years Ryle team was pretty stacked and were a little better than this years CovCath team.

I don’t think they are all time #1 either, but I don’t believe Ryle was better.