No Suspension for AJ Green

I read an article on this last night from cbs sports that predicted this. It states usually would take into account if a player was ejected or not. Stating if a player is ejected that the NFL looks as that as also missed game time and may be more lenient on a suspension or not since they already missed some of a game due to the ejection. At the same time it's why the article predicted Evans could be suspended since he didn't get kicked out of the game and have to miss game time.

My guess this is exactly why the NFL went this way with its actions. Plus considering Green has had no previous problems, what the refs said, and what maybe they looked back at on video. They may have viewed missing half a game and a fine was a fair punishment.

I'll try to find the article because it ended up being pretty spot on with what the NFL ended up doing.

This makes sense to me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article on this last night from cbs sports that predicted this. It states usually would take into account if a player was ejected or not. Stating if a player is ejected that the NFL looks as that as also missed game time and may be more lenient on a suspension or not since they already missed some of a game due to the ejection. At the same time it's why the article predicted Evans could be suspended since he didn't get kicked out of the game and have to miss game time.

My guess this is exactly why the NFL went this way with its actions. Plus considering Green has had no previous problems, what the refs said, and what maybe they looked back at on video. They may have viewed missing half a game and a fine was a fair punishment.

I'll try to find the article because it ended up being pretty spot on with what the NFL ended up doing.

This reasoning seems bizarre to me.

Do something egregious enough to merit an ejection and the "games missed penalty" is more lenient than if you didn't get ejected?

This reasoning seems bizarre to me.

Do something egregious enough to merit an ejection and the "games missed penalty" is more lenient than if you didn't get ejected?

It makes sense to me. I am shocked he wasn't suspended, though. But if I suspended a student from school for 3 days for fighting and he/she left at 9:30 that was the first day. If it was a one day suspension, that was the day.

First off, I'm super happy he will play against the Titans. I need him to go off and torch them. All that aside, the fact that he isnt suspended is absurd. Take off the orange colored glasses for one moment and think about it. AJ Green got behind Ramsey, put him in a choke hold and slammed him on the ground. He proceeded to throw 3 punches at his head. The NFL is saying there is no repercussions from that other than a small fine.

First off, I'm super happy he will play against the Titans. I need him to go off and torch them. All that aside, the fact that he isnt suspended is absurd. Take off the orange colored glasses for one moment and think about it. AJ Green got behind Ramsey, put him in a choke hold and slammed him on the ground. He proceeded to throw 3 punches at his head. The NFL is saying there is no repercussions from that other than a small fine.

I don't think anyone on here has disagreed with this take.

He should be suspended for sheer stupidity. Why on earth do players punch guys wearing helmets? I have never understood this. When you throw a punch, you know you will get kicked out AND you may break your hand/finger...as stupid as can be.

Am I the only one that loved what AJ did? Now AJ totally lost his cool, and probably deserves a suspension, but I love the fact that AJ stood up for himself and pretty much told the punk CB that he ain't taking his cheap shots anymore. I love the fight and emotions I saw out of Green.

Am I the only one that loved what AJ did? Now AJ totally lost his cool, and probably deserves a suspension, but I love the fact that AJ stood up for himself and pretty much told the punk CB that he ain't taking his cheap shots anymore. I love the fight and emotions I saw out of Green.

Now every CB will get in his head.