Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Church Shooting in San Antonio, TX; Multiple Fatalities, Shooter Dead

Featured Replies

"Record checks confirm Devin P. Kelly was previously a USAF member, who served in Logistics Readiness at Holloman AFB, NM, from 2010 until his discharge,"

 

texasshooter.jpg

  • Replies 348
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should the ban on semi-automatic weapons that was in effect from 1994-2004 be reinstated?

 

Do you honestly believe it will solve what's wrong with people these days?

Suspense is killing me. What is the problem?

 

I prefer blaming semi automatic weapons rather than the other Common denominator.

 

Post 93.

In 2015

California had 1,861 gun murders while Kentucky had 209. Quite a difference in the two, right?

Per Capita California with a Population of nearly 39,000,000 people has a rate of 4.8

Per Capita Kentucky with a Population of 4,400,000 people has a rate of 4.7 or nearly identical to that of California

 

Does anyone think they have a similar gun homicide problem? No, I don't. That's why I don't like the Murder Rate or Murder per Capita based on population.

 

 

LA and Berlin have about the same population. LA has about 3x the murders. Berlin has about 800k more people than Chicago. Chicago has about 8x the murder rate.

Should the ban on semi-automatic weapons that was in effect from 1994-2004 be reinstated?

 

How would we round up the millions in circulation? More are sold than Ford F-150’s. How would they round up the 98-99% that aren’t used in terrible acts?

And gun laws are always being looked at.

 

As they should be. Everyone, including most NRA members believe in some gun control. The question is where should the line be drawn. I am starting to believe the line needs to be drawn back where it was from 1994-2004.

I prefer blaming semi automatic weapons rather than the other Common denominator.

Murder is illegal. Has murder stopped? Tell me a law that will stop this madness.
How would we round up the millions in circulation? More are sold than Ford F-150’s. How would they round up the 98% that aren’t used in terrible acts?

 

We can't round them up so let's just keep producing more? That doesn't seem like a valid concern. They didn't try to round them up under the previous ban and mass killings dropped. Every little bit helps. I would like to see a study of these mass shootings with semi-automatic weapons and see when the perpetrators purchased their weapons. I wonder how close it was to the crime that they purchased their weapons.

As they should be. Everyone, including most NRA members believe in some gun control. The question is where should the line be drawn. I am starting to believe the line needs to be drawn back where it was from 1994-2004.

 

Again, it will solve nothing. Look at the incidents involving vehicles. Guess what's next.

As they should be. Everyone, including most NRA members believe in some gun control. The question is where should the line be drawn. I am starting to believe the line needs to be drawn back where it was from 1994-2004.

 

The ban of 1994 simply banned the production of semiautomatic weapons for civilian use. Did not ban the buying or selling of these firearms by the civilian population. How would this possibly help?

We can't round them up so let's just keep producing more? That doesn't seem like a valid concern. They didn't try to round them up under the previous ban and mass killings dropped. Every little bit helps. I would like to see a study of these mass shootings with semi-automatic weapons and see when the perpetrators purchased their weapons. I wonder how close it was to the crime that they purchased their weapons.

 

Should we stop producing vans, trucks and cars as well?

We can't round them up so let's just keep producing more? That doesn't seem like a valid concern. They didn't try to round them up under the previous ban and mass killings dropped. Every little bit helps. I would like to see a study of these mass shootings with semi-automatic weapons and see when the perpetrators purchased their weapons. I wonder how close it was to the crime that they purchased their weapons.

 

Well like I said there are more sold than Ford F-150’s and the 1% used for terrible acts stand out than the 99% that aren’t. Should we ban something when 99% of them aren’t the problem?

I'm curious as to why some of you are so passionate about this attack but weren't about the NYC attack.

Well like I said there are more sold than Ford F-150’s and the 1% used for terrible acts stand out than the 99% that aren’t. There are millions of them in America that aren’t used in this way.

 

It's waaaaaaaaay less than 1% used for terrible acts. I know you know that, just pointing it out for some others.

I'm curious as to why some of you are so passionate about this attack but weren't about the NYC attack.

 

Do you even have to ask?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.