Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Church Shooting in San Antonio, TX; Multiple Fatalities, Shooter Dead

Featured Replies

I wish I knew what the true problem was.

 

Well, if we'd stop concentrating on what was used rather than why they do it, perhaps we'd find out. That's the point.

Edited by Run To State

  • Replies 348
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christians Being Tolerant.

Intolerance of other groups.

Drugs!

Drug babies that have grown up.

Lack of parental influence.

Lack of parental involvement.

Letting God be allowed to be made fun of.

Taking God out of schools.

Political parties makin fun of God and Guns.

Anti Depressants

Political parties making Christians look like bad people for their beliefs.

 

US Christian population is about 50% higher than Germany's.

Well, if we'd stop concentrating on what was used rather than why they do it, perhaps we's find out. That's the point.

 

I agree that 's why I asked my question about other countries. What's different?

About 75% of Germany is considered urban. About 80% of the US is considered urban.

 

The current population of Germany is @ 82,175,538. The United States population is @ 325,259,439. I'm having trouble with your 5% difference.

Well, if we'd stop concentrating on what was used rather than why they do it, perhaps we's find out. That's the point.

 

I misunderstood your post, then. I thought all we had to do was wake up and realize the true problem.

 

My misunderstanding.:thumb:

About 75% of Germany is considered urban. About 80% of the US is considered urban.

 

That still doesn't mean anything especially if you consider that the urban areas in the USA are likely more densely populated. I don't know what goes into "considered urban" in Germany consists of either, where did you come up with that info?

 

Like I mentioned before there are so many factors that can go into statistics from different countries that it's not a good way to compare things. It's kinda like comparing similar scores of ball games in sports, it's not always an accurate way to judge the end result when trying to predict a winner for the next game.

The current population of Germany is @ 82,175,538. The United States population is @ 325,259,439. I'm having trouble with your 5% difference.

 

 

About 75% of the Germany number is urban. About 80% of the US number is urban. The "rate" number was discredited earlier because the poster said the US was more urban. That's not true. Their urban rate is about the same. So if the countries were similar then the rate of gun deaths would be about the same since the urban rate is about the same. They're not. So the urban argument doesn't seem to be legitamate.

That still doesn't mean anything especially if you consider that the urban areas in the USA are likely more densely populated. I don't know what goes into "considered urban" in Germany consists of either, where did you come up with that info?

 

Like I mentioned before there are so many factors that can go into statistics from different countries that it's not a good way to compare things. It's kinda like comparing similar scores of ball games in sports, it's not always an accurate way to judge the end result when trying to predict a winner for the next game.

 

Well since the urban numbers are almost even yet the rates are way out of whack it gets back to the question I asked - what are the factors that cause a huge difference?

Urban population of the US is between 80 and 81 percent. Urban population of Japan is 78 percent.

 

The urban/rural percentage argument doesn't hold water. My best guess is that there are a great number of other factors that contribute to the discrepancies in the firearm-related death rates besides urban/rural and some erroneously classified accidental deaths. And for the record, I do agree that the instrument used to commit these atrocities is just one of many factors that merit thoughtful discussion and debate.

 

And I stand by my original assertion that thoughts and prayers simply aren't cutting it.

I misunderstood your post, then. I thought all we had to do was wake up and realize the true problem.

 

My misunderstanding.:thumb:

 

Obviously we did. I take this very seriously. We don't know the problem. Although there are those that think it's an object, I realize it's something that's changed in people. No object (car, gun, bomb, etc.) can kill without being employed by a human. Why would we blame the object? Why wouldn't we instead try to get to the actual source of the problem? Politicization. That's why. It's just sad.

About 75% of the Germany number is urban. About 80% of the US number is urban. The "rate" number was discredited earlier because the poster said the US was more urban. That's not true. Their urban rate is about the same. So if the countries were similar then the rate of gun deaths would be about the same since the urban rate is about the same. They're not. So the urban argument doesn't seem to be legitamate.

 

As for the bolded, where did you find that information? I don't believe it's accurate for either country personally. How are they measuring what is urban and what is not? Ever been out west in the US, it's not very urban at all.

What is it about the US that causes us to have gun violence death rates that are 30x Germany and about 100x Japan?

 

There is a lot of violent crime in our country, period. We also have more drug use/crime than those countries. The vast majority of gun violence comes from our 10 largest cities...take those out and the gun homicides in the US drop dramatically.

A gun owner, with a legally registered weapon, stopped a killer that was using illegally obtained weapons.

There is a lot of violent crime in our country, period. We also have more drug use/crime than those countries. The vast majority of gun violence comes from our 10 largest cities...take those out and the gun homicides in the US drop dramatically.

 

No doubt a huge factor - I wholeheartedly agree. But like it or not, those cities are part of the U.S.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.