Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AROD

Featured Replies

One has to remember that ARod has a "no-trade" clause as well. He can refuse to be traded. I doubt that he would do that, though. If I'm him, I'm looking for the first plane out of New York that goes anywhere.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like A-Rod, I think his contract has been terrible for the game of baseball and his game in general. When one gets a contract like that, and plays on the most pressure filled team, to me there seems to be more bad than good can come of it. He should relax, go play with another team next yaer, and kill the ball like he has for his whole hall of fame career.

I seriously doubt the Yanks will part ways with a guy like A-Rod. He's too good.

Hopefully the Mets don't get caught up in the hype and try to trade for him... You've got all-stars at SS and 3B (Wright and Reyes) and both of them are only 23! I just hope they don't mess with that chemistry/youth for the big name.

I actually like A-Rod, I think his contract has been terrible for the game of baseball and his game in general. When one gets a contract like that, and plays on the most pressure filled team, to me there seems to be more bad than good can come of it. He should relax, go play with another team next yaer, and kill the ball like he has for his whole hall of fame career.

 

RP, I agree 100% on all points.

RP, I agree 100% on all points.
Agree here also....I like A-Rod, but nobody is worth $20±mil a year...(unless they want to give it to me, for some reason)

 

Hard burden to carry and living up to, the unrealistic expectations. What other players hit .290BA, 26 DB's, 35 HR's and 121 RBI±.....and they are considered to have had, a bad year.:confused:

 

He had ups and downs, just like most and yes, his batting average was down but everything he does, is magnified x 10, from other players as a result of his ridiculous salary.

That was my 2nd favorite team growing up because they were always on:

C : Bruce Benedict

1B: Chris Chambless

2B: Glenn Hubbard

3B: Bob Horner

SS: Rafeal Ramirez

LF: Claudell Washington

CF: Dale Murphey

RF: Is the only one I don't remember right off my head.

In 1982, the year the Braves took off, LF was a revolving door after Butler got off to a slow start and Murphy moved to CF on a fulltime basis. Washington played RF. It seems that Rufino Linares got most of the LF time late in the season.

 

Brett Butler won the LF job outright in 1983, then got traded to Cleveland in the infamous Len Barker deal ... a move that hurt the Braves for years.

I think Rodriguez needs to get out of New York for his own sanity. A lot of teams would love to have him (at $15M, what the Yankees are paying him) in their lineup and have fans that would appreciate him.

 

I would love for the Cubs to go after him, but fear they don't have enough to get him. I can see the Cardinals (a package built/centered on Rolen and Reyes, perhaps?) making a pitch.

 

If I was the Yankees, I would deal with Florida and the Angels. Florida because Rodriguez is from Miami and has so much young talent and the Angels because their farm system is loaded and they might be willing to make the blockbuster deal to get over the hump.

Just keep him out of Houston or St. Louis

:thumb: :thumb: Amen!!!

Here's a link, about the Yankees demise.....Yankees Failure

Any sentence with the words Yankees and failure is a GREAT sentence.

 

O I enjoyed reading that article.

Any sentence with the words Yankees and failure is a GREAT sentence.

 

O I enjoyed reading that article.

.....They Yankees aren't my favorite team but I like teams, who strive to win.

Giant_bat[1].gif

.....They Yankees aren't my favorite team but I like teams, who strive to win.

Strive and buy a win are two different things. I don't like teams that throw cash around to buy off other teams best players when they can't financially compete with you instead of building a winner. The Boss deserves all of the success he has had this millenium.

I think A-Rod is a bargain right now for the way New York feels about him. How about Dunn & Ross for A-Rod?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.