Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AROD

Featured Replies

I will start by saying I am probably one of the few that actually likes AROD and thinks he got treated pretty crappy this year. I know he choked down the stretch but I think Giambi calling him out at the time he did was unprofessional and not much of a teammate. I also think he has taken a lot of the blame for a whole team that underachieved. He choked quite a bit. He makes a fortune and doesn't shoot his mouth off which drives people crazy especially the media. He made a lot of errors but he is also playing out of position.

Anyways the point of my thread was to see where you think he will be in the future. Obviously the Yankee fans have turned on him, Giambi has turned on him etc. He is an easy scapegoat (see Joe T.) for the boss. Where do you think he will be next year? I would think about every other team in baseball would love to have him but the bottom line is going to be who can afford him?

  • Replies 87
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure where he'll end up but you can be sure he'll be there hitting meaningless homeruns when the games already decided, posing, pouting, finishing in the top 10 in MVP voting and making sure his team doesn't win the World Series:thumb:

The Angels said first hand that if the Yankees are willing to part ways with him then they definitely want him on their team. I could see him fittin in with the Angels because there really isn't a lot of media pressure surrounding him and he would be back on the west coast where he started his baseball days. Expect the Angels to part with one of their young pitchers and some other prospects. The yankees will probably want atleast 2 pitchers for him, one including Ervin Santana and some other pitcher or pitching prospect. The A-Rod trade is doable now because his contract is 2 or 3 years less than what it started out with and I assume that the Yankees will eat some of that contract in order to ship him out the door.

His coatract is doable because the Rangers are still paying over half of it. If the Bankees eat even more, the team he goes to will be paying less than $10 million of the $25 million per year...

His coatract is doable because the Rangers are still paying over half of it. If the Bankees eat even more, the team he goes to will be paying less than $10 million of the $25 million per year...

 

Thanks for adding the part of the Rangers, I had completely forgot that they were still paying on it too. :thumb:

His contract is doable because the Rangers are still paying over half of it. If the Bankees eat even more, the team he goes to will be paying less than $10 million of the $25 million per year...
Agreed and I believe, he will be the all-time HR leader, before his career ends.

 

Plenty of upside to A-Rod's ability, not his contract.

He will be an Angel before it's over with, I believe it's pretty doubtful that he'll end up with an NL team.

 

Here's a little tidbit of info about AROD. Before he signed with Texas he was originally headed to Atlanta because back at that time the Braves were still owned by Ted Turner but in the end Texas upped the money alot more than the Braves were willing and that was that.

He will be an Angel before it's over with, I believe it's pretty doubtful that he'll end up with an NL team.

 

Here's a little tidbit of info about AROD. Before he signed with Texas he was originally headed to Atlanta because back at that time the Braves were still owned by Ted Turner but in the end Texas upped the money alot more than the Braves were willing and that was that.

 

Essentially, Hicks bid against himself and it finally resulted in $252M.

His coatract is doable because the Rangers are still paying over half of it. If the Bankees eat even more, the team he goes to will be paying less than $10 million of the $25 million per year...

 

Correct. The Yanks actually paid 2 or 3 players more than A-Rod this year.

He will be an Angel before it's over with, I believe it's pretty doubtful that he'll end up with an NL team.

 

Here's a little tidbit of info about AROD. Before he signed with Texas he was originally headed to Atlanta because back at that time the Braves were still owned by Ted Turner but in the end Texas upped the money alot more than the Braves were willing and that was that.

 

Atlanta!! Do they still have a baseball team?:lol:

Atlanta!! Do they still have a baseball team?:lol:

??

 

Gah guys, 1 time in 15 years they don't make the playoffs and people are already talkin like they're the devil rays or something..lol

Essentially, Hicks bid against himself and it finally resulted in $252M.

Right I was just sayin that Atlanta was at one point one of the front runners to get him before the price got to steep.

??

 

Gah guys, 1 time in 15 years they don't make the playoffs and people are already talkin like they're the devil rays or something..lol

 

Not me SVFan4life!! I talked about them every year. :lol:

I will start by saying I am probably one of the few that actually likes AROD and thinks he got treated pretty crappy this year. I know he choked down the stretch but I think Giambi calling him out at the time he did was unprofessional and not much of a teammate. I also think he has taken a lot of the blame for a whole team that underachieved. He choked quite a bit. He makes a fortune and doesn't shoot his mouth off which drives people crazy especially the media. He made a lot of errors but he is also playing out of position.

Anyways the point of my thread was to see where you think he will be in the future. Obviously the Yankee fans have turned on him, Giambi has turned on him etc. He is an easy scapegoat (see Joe T.) for the boss. Where do you think he will be next year? I would think about every other team in baseball would love to have him but the bottom line is going to be who can afford him?

This is a great post/thread Stick, I can't add any more than what you just said. When you put that kind of price tag on a player in the mecca of New York the outcome is predictable. With A-Rod's salary it is a very easy target for the New York fans and media to point a finger at. The fact is that no one hit very well or at all in the series with the Tigers. Imo it may be time for him to move on if there is anyone else that can afford him, every team as you said would love to have him. Count me in as another who likes A-Rod.

D Train and Cabrerra for A-Rod... :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.