Dusty: Genius or Idiot?

LRCW

It was 3 games I forgot about the old playoff format. Makes my point that much more valid. You don't lose 3 straight games at home.

I guess your happy then now. He left and we have a manager that is in way over his head and hiding behind the "rebuilding" excuse.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't it 3 home games remaining because of that stupid old format where the better team started with 2 games on the road and then got the final 3 at home?

That was a one year deal when they added the second wild card team over winter after the postseason schedule had already been set (TV, etc.). They did two at the worst team, three at best team for one season then moved to the current 2-2-1 format.

He blew an 2-0 lead with 2 HOME GAMES remaining with what was the most talented Reds team in 2 decades. Couple that with Dusty's reluctance to sit veteran players who clearly weren't going to get it done anymore and you have a guy who wasted the prime of Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, and Johnny Cueto. Dusty Baker is the reason this team is still a mess. He set the team back at least 5 years due to his poor managing.

Not a big Dusty fan but to be fair Cueto going down changed everything in that series.

By way, some would say we are watching Votto in his prime last 2-3 years.