Dusty: Genius or Idiot?

LRCW

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusty Baker is the Marvin Lewis of baseball managers.

How? He has gone to the world series. He has taken four different teams to the playoffs. His career as a baseball player far exceeds Marvin's career as a football player. I don't think Marvin ever made the nfl.

Dusty has actually won a playoff series or two, isn't Marvin still waiting for his first playoff win? :lol2:

Both were 0 for in Cincinnati which is about all I really care about. They are both stubborn to a fault and it cost both of them playoff victories.

How? He has gone to the world series. He has taken four different teams to the playoffs. His career as a baseball player far exceeds Marvin's career as a football player. I don't think Marvin ever made the nfl.

He blew an 2-0 lead with 2 HOME GAMES remaining with what was the most talented Reds team in 2 decades. Couple that with Dusty's reluctance to sit veteran players who clearly weren't going to get it done anymore and you have a guy who wasted the prime of Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, and Johnny Cueto. Dusty Baker is the reason this team is still a mess. He set the team back at least 5 years due to his poor managing.

He blew an 2-0 lead with 2 HOME GAMES remaining with what was the most talented Reds team in 2 decades. Couple that with Dusty's reluctance to sit veteran players who clearly weren't going to get it done anymore and you have a guy who wasted the prime of Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, and Johnny Cueto. Dusty Baker is the reason this team is still a mess. He set the team back at least 5 years due to his poor managing.

Wasn't it 3 home games remaining because of that stupid old format where the better team started with 2 games on the road and then got the final 3 at home? I think they lost 3 straight at GABP after winning 2 in SF. (Of course, rotation got all blownt up by Cueto in winning those 2 games, but that's not as much fun to talk about.)

Wasn't it 3 home games remaining because of that stupid old format where the better team started with 2 games on the road and then got the final 3 at home? I think they lost 3 straight at GABP after winning 2 in SF. (Of course, rotation got all blownt up by Cueto in winning those 2 games, but that's not as much fun to talk about.)

I think it was 3 at home.

I've watched enough of Dusty day to day to know what kind of manager he is, I'll go idiot.

Both were 0 for in Cincinnati which is about all I really care about. They are both stubborn to a fault and it cost both of them playoff victories.

How did Dusty's stubbornness cost him a playoff series?

It was 3 games I forgot about the old playoff format. Makes my point that much more valid. You don't lose 3 straight games at home.