Dusty: Genius or Idiot?

LRCW

Did he mean winner take all games?

Maybe, but in looking Dusty has only managed in the post-season 9 seasons. In a couple of those seasons his teams one at least one series, so that can't be right either. His career post-season managing record is 22-32.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe, but in looking Dusty has only managed in the post-season 9 seasons. In a couple of those seasons his teams one at least one series, so that can't be right either. His career post-season managing record is 22-32.

Not necessarily. He could have won those series 3-1, or 3-0 and not have played in a winner take all game.

Not necessarily. He could have won those series 3-1, or 3-0 and not have played in a winner take all game.

It's impossible for him to be 0-10 in elimination games if he's only played in the postseason 9 times. He hasn't won the World Series so he's been eliminated 9 times. Pretty hard to lose 10 in a row with 9 eliminations.

It's impossible for him to be 0-10 in elimination games if he's only played in the postseason 9 times. He hasn't won the World Series so he's been eliminated 9 times. Pretty hard to lose 10 in a row with 9 eliminations.

You're missing some context here. I was simply trying to figure out the statistic that was stated which was he was 0-9 in elimination games which obviously isn't true. I was thinking maybe the stat was winner take all games like a Game 5 or Game 7. I'm not going to look up some stats.