BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want :)

theguru

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree that is the bazillion dollar question.

How many guns can you own?

How much ammo can you own?

Neither of those are the issue.

Here are a few of my suggestions.

1) Prosecute current gun laws including lying on a 4473 and those making straw purchases would be a start. There have been almost zero prosecutions for those trying to obtain a firearm that lie on the form, which is a Federal offense. Yet there are thousands of violations each year.

2) Loosen HIPPA laws to allow those medically deemed a danger to themselves or others to be placed on the NICS/FBI list to be rejected. The question is on the form but there is no way to verify it in the background process due to HIPPA.

3) Put a mechanism in place to allow private gun sellers to verify those they are selling to can legally own a firearm, in short allow me or you use the NICS/FBI line just like retailers do to verify the purchaser.

4) Illegal possession of a firearm or possession of a stolen firearm needs to have a real deterrent, not a slap on the wrist.

5) Go ahead and get rid of Bump Stocks and Bump Triggers

Only number 5 would have helped in this last massacre but no laws are going to 100% stop law breakers, but those are my common sense ideas to tighten up control without infringing on the millions of gun owners that enjoy hunting, sport shooting and using them for personal protection.

Here are a few of my suggestions.

1) Prosecute current gun laws including lying on a 4473 and those making straw purchases would be a start. There have been almost zero prosecutions for those trying to obtain a firearm that lie on the form, which is a Federal offense. Yet there are thousands of violations each year.

2) Loosen HIPPA laws to allow those medically deemed a danger to themselves or others to be placed on the NICS/FBI list to be rejected. The question is on the form but there is no way to verify it in the background process due to HIPPA.

3) Put a mechanism in place to allow private gun sellers to verify those they are selling to can legally own a firearm, in short allow me or you use the NICS/FBI line just like retailers do to verify the purchaser.

4) Illegal possession of a firearm or possession of a stolen firearm needs to have a real deterrent, not a slap on the wrist.

5) Go ahead and get rid of Bump Stocks and Bump Triggers

Only number 5 would have helped in this last massacre but no laws are going to 100% stop law breakers, but those are my common sense ideas to tighten up control without infringing on the millions of gun owners that enjoy hunting, sport shooting and using them for personal protection.

Much more liberal here, but I can get on board with these ideas.

Time for one side to stop ignoring the problem and the other calling for radical changes, and compromise with common sense for the safety of our citizens.

It is only a matter of time before those are the two most important questions.

That is the problem with gun control, where does it end?

Your HIPPA example above has always been a huge problem.

What do you do about the guns on the streets already in the hands of criminals. The guns stolen from or sold by the people who did everything right in obtaining their guns.

On one hand it should be a very severe penalty but on the other hand a gun is a gun is a gun.