How much does this weekend's protests hurt the NFL?

ManOfTroy

Right....

§171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

Do you go around scolding everyone that doesn't fit this exact description at sporting events? I'll just assume you do...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And please do a better job reading what I said. I have clearly stated that peaceful protest in the presence of the flag is not listed in the articles. It is not a violation of the code, unlike many things accepted as daily parts of life now days. If there is so much concern for disrespecting the flag, why is doing so such commonplace in this society???

I understand exactly what you've said and you are wrong. It says clearly what is to done during the playing of the national anthem. It's not multiple choice. They are not doing so. It IS a violation. I agree with you on the other things--you shouldn't wear the flag, you shouldn't be walking to your seat during the playing of the anthem, heck, the NFL shouldn't be displaying it in a flat manner on the field. Please do a better job of reading the flag code.

The obvious reason that there is so much concern about disrespecting the flag is because they are doing so on display for all to see. Which brings me back to the original point, they are using the wrong form of protest.

I understand exactly what you've said and you are wrong. It says clearly what is to done during the playing of the national anthem. It's not multiple choice. They are not doing so. It IS a violation. I agree with you on the other things--you shouldn't wear the flag, you shouldn't be walking to your seat during the playing of the anthem, heck, the NFL shouldn't be displaying it in a flat manner on the field. Please do a better job of reading the flag code.

The obvious reason that there is so much concern about disrespecting the flag is because they are doing so on display for all to see. Which brings me back to the original point, they are using the wrong form of protest.

Non peaceful protest (ie burning the flag) is covered, correct? Where is the section on peaceful protest? I'll wait...

Non peaceful protest (ie burning the flag) is covered, correct? Where is the section on peaceful protest? I'll wait...

Flag burning is covered. There isn't a section on peaceful protests because what is expected is clearly spelled out. Maybe they need to add one. Until then, they are in violation.

Flag burning is covered. There isn't a section on peaceful protests because what is expected is clearly spelled out. Maybe they need to add one. Until then, they are in violation.

We will agree to disagree. If they felt kneeling or sitting as a sign of protest was in disrespect, it would be in there...

We will agree to disagree. If they felt kneeling or sitting as a sign of protest was in disrespect, it would be in there...

Is flying double middle fingers during the anthem mentioned in there? If they felt that was disrespectful, it would be in there...right?

Well just me. I am scaling back but it’s for many reasons. Getting older, better things to do, suffering Bengals fan. And I am one of the most pro military people you will ever speak with.

I will just try to enjoy my college football Saturday’s.

I think you pretty much wrote my post for me. Multitude of reasons and the kneelinf just adds to it.

Didn't this all really start in St. Louis when some Rams' players held up their hands during the anthem after the shooting of a criminal, who "witnesses" said was holding up his hands when shot; when he was actually trying steal & turn an officer's gun on the cop? What is the real complaint of these protesters, or do they even know?