How much does this weekend's protests hurt the NFL?

ManOfTroy

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one understands why they are protesting? I do. Very clearly. It is also very clear to me that they are not protesting/disrespecting the anthem or flag. Both things are also exceedingly clear to my Vietnam veteran father. While neither of us would choose to protest in this way, we both understand and support the rights of those that do.

For those that complain about other minority groups not protesting, is it only okay for a minority to protest if all minorities are doing so?

If their intent is clear why did most only join in after Trumps comments?

You've donated everything you didnt want anymore?

You probably won't believe me, but for the most part, any clothing that I do not want, or use anymore, that is still in good shape, gets donated, usually right before Christmas. I've never burnt perfectly good clothing.

I'm not sure what your point is in questioning my charity habits. And yes, I get that my post was snarky, but I find it a little ironic, that people who claim to care so much about the country, don't recognize a perfectly good opportunity to help someone in need, and instead wastefully destroy something someone else in need could use. Maybe one of those veterans that they feel are being disrespected.

I don't sell the stuff I don't want any more. If I know someone who can use it, I give it to them. Otherwise, I donate it. If it's not usable or wearable, it goes to recycling or out doe junk pick up.

You've never sold anything in your life that could have been donated?

No one understands why they are protesting? I do. Very clearly. It is also very clear to me that they are not protesting/disrespecting the anthem or flag. Both things are also exceedingly clear to my Vietnam veteran father. While neither of us would choose to protest in this way, we both understand and support the rights of those that do.

For those that complain about other minority groups not protesting, is it only okay for a minority to protest if all minorities are doing so?

Kaepernick's original quote...

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

...which was done DURING the anthem.