How much does this weekend's protests hurt the NFL?

ManOfTroy

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was said somewhere either in this thread or another. Thee NFL really has only one thing to do. That is keep the players in the locker room and play the National Anthem at the 10:00 minute mark before the game. they used to do that and I don't remember it causing an issue. I think 911 brought it back to where players lined upon the field (not an opinion just what I remember). They will take heat for a few weeks from the players and the folks who believe they should stand., but now the media or all the others won't have anything to report. They won't be keeping stats on who is standing who isn't. The President will have to find another bandwagon, and the players will have to find a different way to protest.

I would have kept them in the locker room I two weeks ago.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with this, but it is what needs to be done. Sure some damage is already done with some and it is a minority, however, why risk losing any more. Makes no sense.

Its more coincidance (sic) than anything. After the Bengals 2015 playoff meltdown/embarrassment I made up my mind that I wouldnt intentionally make Sunday plans around the Bengals. If Im home and nothing is going then ill watch but like last weekend I listened to the game bc I was working in the yard. I dont watch that much NFL anyway bc I feel like all NFL games are played out exactly the same, coaches afraid to take risks and all kickers can hit 60 yarders.

Question. If the majority of people switched from watching the games to listening on IHeart how would that effect the NFL? What length of time does my TV need to be on CBS for the people who track ratings to know im watching?