How much does this weekend's protests hurt the NFL?

ManOfTroy

Why are you laughing?

I don't think he said any white supremacists were good people. Did he? In fact, didnt he condemn them?

I dont know anyone who agrees with white supremacists or Nazis fwiw.

And while there are some issues with police brutality, the facts dont support an argument that its widespread or rampant. In fact the statistics and facts prove the opposite.

Yeah, he did. Surely you know that.

I'll be back on the statistics issue later, as what they do show is that, on average, in the criminal justice system, blacks get worse sentences.

Just as I am not fine with ANY teacher having an inappropriate relationship with ANY student, I'm not fine with there being ANY police brutality. Are certain ethnic groups more likely to be the victims of police brutality than others? That is part of concerns that are being protested.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My issue was the wastefulness. Selling and donating aren't wasteful.

I agree on the ridiculousness. I'm not sure why you've posted so many times about selling vs. donating. That was never the issue.

I'm not sure why anyone started talking about donating in the first place.

For me, I've gotten tired of the emphasis taken off the game and concentrated on name calling, who kneels, who doesn't, who raises fists, who doesn't come out of locker room, etc., etc, etc. I've quit watching. I wanted to watch FOOTBALL not an editorial about this and that.

Yeah, he did. Surely you know that.

I'll be back on the statistics issue later, as what they do show is that, on average, in the criminal justice system, blacks get worse sentences.

Just as I am not fine with ANY teacher having an inappropriate relationship with ANY student, I'm not fine with there being ANY police brutality. Are certain ethnic groups more likely to be the victims of police brutality than others? That is part of concerns that are being protested.

"You had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name"

He never said white supremacists were good people. He said some good people werr there to protest renaming the statue. Where did you see him saying white supremacists were good people?

There will always be teachers sleeping with students and police brutality. Only thing we can do is try to fix it and respond to it when it happens. Fact is, teachers and police are human. They will never be perfect. Most aren't rapists and racists though.

I'm not sure why you kept changing the subject and hammering them about the selling of items.

I'm not sure why you keep responding if you don't like it. I've made my point. No need to stand on a cloud of judgement handing down life lessons when everyone in the history of the world has wasted something that could have been donated. You can disagree with it if you want. I don't care.

"You had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name"

He never said white supremacists were good people. He said some good people werr there to protest renaming the statue. Where did you see him saying white supremacists were good people?

There will always be teachers sleeping with students and police brutality. Only thing we can do is try to fix it and respond to it when it happens. Fact is, teachers and police are human. They will never be perfect. Most aren't rapists and racists though.

Most aren't. I'm not okay with "most" not being, though.

I'm glad that the president can differentiate between which people in photos and videos are racists and white supremacists and which are not. He sure likes to paint with a broad brush on the other side of the column, i.e., calling all of those that take a knee profane names.

I'm not sure why you keep responding if you don't like it. I've made my point. No need to stand on a cloud of judgement handing down life lessons when everyone in the history of the world has wasted something that could have been donated. You can disagree with it if you want. I don't care.

You called it ridiculous, yet you've posted on it more than anyone else in this thread.

You called it ridiculous, yet you've posted on it more than anyone else in this thread.

Whereas the salvageable clothing topic has dragged on, and gone nowhere for a ridiculously long time with some offbeat strange attempt to justify the burning of perfectly usable clothing, I sure hope that discussing why it had gone on for a ridiculously long time doesn't get dragged out nearly as long. :eek: :lol2:

Most aren't. I'm not okay with "most" not being, though.

I'm glad that the president can differentiate between which people in photos and videos are racists and white supremacists and which are not. He sure likes to paint with a broad brush on the other side of the column, i.e., calling all of those that take a knee profane names.

So you know everyone at that rally that didnt want the statue changed was a white supremacist?

I don't agree with what he said fwiw. I don't agree with a lot of what he says and does. I can admit that, while some defended every stupid thing Obama said and did, which was a lot.

Regardless, Trump disagreeing with a protest doesnt make him racist. And he never said white supremacists were fine people. Can you admit that?

Whereas the salvageable clothing topic has dragged on, and gone nowhere for a ridiculously long time with some offbeat strange attempt to justify the burning of perfectly usable clothing, I sure hope that discussing why it had gone on for a ridiculously long time doesn't get dragged out nearly as long. :eek: :lol2:

Are you going to accuse someone of going on too long about something? This is the shortest post ive ever seen you make.

Are you going to accuse someone of going on too long about something? This is the shortest post ive ever seen you make.

Guilty as charged, but I'm sure that even you can see that this shallow topic has been wrung out just about as far as it could go, when it barely was worth trying to go anywhere with it to begin with. :lol2: