How much does this weekend's protests hurt the NFL?

ManOfTroy

The NFL players IMO are going about it all wrong. Just like the movie stars bashing Trump every chance they get it just doesn't make any sense. Don't they realize that the fans pay their salary and ticking them off is not good for business. There is a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar these days, and let's face it, an NFL ticket is not cheap. It's down right disrespectful to dishonor our flag by kneeling, or in some cases burning it. Speak out all you want, or go to the cities where the racial inequality is and do something about it. Help improve the communication between the people and the police. Peacefully protest, but please don't disrespect the flag and all that have died for our freedom. As Merle Haggard put it, "That's walking on the fighting side of me."

:banghead::banghead:

:banghead::banghead:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL players IMO are going about it all wrong. Just like the movie stars bashing Trump every chance they get it just doesn't make any sense. Don't they realize that the fans pay their salary and ticking them off is not good for business. There is a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar these days, and let's face it, an NFL ticket is not cheap. It's down right disrespectful to dishonor our flag by kneeling, or in some cases burning it. Speak out all you want, or go to the cities where the racial inequality is and do something about it. Help improve the communication between the people and the police. Peacefully protest, but please don't disrespect the flag and all that have died for our freedom. As Merle Haggard put it, "That's walking on the fighting side of me."

Players are doing tons of work in the inner cities and trying to build a bridge between those communities and the police. If you are actually interested, the Google machine will lead you in that direction...

Players are doing tons of work in the inner cities and trying to build a bridge between those communities and the police. If you are actually interested, the Google machine will lead you in that direction...

Correct. Problem with that is, a lot of it is behind the scenes and not in the spotlight. You want to get people talking about something, do something in the spotlight.

Never mind.

What NFL player has burnt the flag? It’s interestling people bring up the idea about players needing to help improve the communication, yet those same people refuse to listen to what the players are saying.

It personally ticks me off that these players are doing this. But Im not not watching bc of it, im not watching bc to me every NFL game is pretty much the same, the Bengals are being very Bengal like and with three little ones the Boss pretty much kills any notion of wasting beautiful Sundays on the couch. Ill most certainly keep listening on the radio bc I am old school and love listening to sports on the radio.

Also I made a pact with the Boss, "Give me Saturdays in the fall and you can have the other 6 days". Ill take college over pro football 10 out of 10 times

How long before the college players start kneeling?

Curious. Any of you so inclined to believe peaceful protest is disrespecting the flag ever worn any clothing with the flag on it? The articles of the flag consider one acceptable and the other disrespectful. Take a guess... :idunno:

You have said "articles of the flag" multiple times. What are referring to? What are you quoting that says that it is alright to sit or kneel?

You have said "articles of the flag" multiple times. What are referring to? What are you quoting that says that it is alright to sit or kneel?

There is a flag code describing what you can and can't do regarding the flag and any depictions of the flag. Pretty interesting actually. Google is your friend.

I'm in the minority and I understand that, but I just love football. I don't really care what the players do off the field or pregame as long as it doesn't affect the play on the field. I don't really understand how someone can say they are going to stop watching because of this. What are you going to do start watching Bowling on ESPN on sundays? Haha

There is a flag code describing what you can and can't do regarding the flag and any depictions of the flag. Pretty interesting actually. Google is your friend.

I am familiar. That is why I asked what he was quoting and where he finds that specifically.

Right....

§171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

And please do a better job reading what I said. I have clearly stated that peaceful protest in the presence of the flag is not listed in the articles. It is not a violation of the code, unlike many things accepted as daily parts of life now days. If there is so much concern for disrespecting the flag, why is doing so such commonplace in this society???