How much does this weekend's protests hurt the NFL?

ManOfTroy

Before it was just a player or two. This weekend it was an organized movement against the flag. I disagree with you, it will have an effect. We already saw a hero emerge in Chicago.

"Against the flag"... good heavens. You guys can't even be bothered to listen to them about the nature of their protests. The Patriotism Police are out in full force and the PC Police have nothing on you folks.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you personally know someone that isn't watching NFL games anymore, specifically because of the protests?

Not because they are annoyed with Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and Andy Dalton, but specifically because players in the NFL are kneeling (none of which are Bengals from what I understand).

And I agree about the Offensive Lineman for Pittsburgh.

Yes I do--A couple of very good friends of mine from Indiana (Very passionate Colts' fans) and their families boycotted the NFL this weekend totally due to the "protests" or whatever these players think these actions are. I disagree, as I know several that are scaling back on the NFL, primarily due to these type actions.

Personally I'm still watching some, but didn't renew our Bengals' tickets this year; although that had more to do with Mike & Marvin being back than the Anthem protests.

The die hard fans, like myself, will always watch. The casual fans are the ones that will stop from watching.

It's their right to kneel or protest and it's my right to think they are stupid for doing it.

Also keep in mind that every time our President goes off on one of these tirades, he always has more support then people assumed he would have had.

It was more an organized movement to show unity against a blowhard that attacked the entire league than it was against the flag. Either way, it's not going to hurt ratings in the slightest.

I have to agree with this view. There will be a few who will boycott, especially if their favorite team is losing.

"Against the flag"... good heavens. You guys can't even be bothered to listen to them about the nature of their protests. The Patriotism Police are out in full force and the PC Police have nothing on you folks.

Couldn't agree with this post more. I also wonder how many of those that don't feel Confederate Flag flying is a problem, and wish to see Confederate statues continue to stand prominently in public are also part of this rabid, anti-kneelers, protect and honor the flag group, which when you think about it, would be pretty ironic.

It personally ticks me off that these players are doing this. But Im not not watching bc of it, im not watching bc to me every NFL game is pretty much the same, the Bengals are being very Bengal like and with three little ones the Boss pretty much kills any notion of wasting beautiful Sundays on the couch. Ill most certainly keep listening on the radio bc I am old school and love listening to sports on the radio.

Also I made a pact with the Boss, "Give me Saturdays in the fall and you can have the other 6 days". Ill take college over pro football 10 out of 10 times

The American Flag and National Anthem are now divisive items in America. Is there anything Americans can be unified on? Everything and every person in America is being damaged and denigrated today, so why should the NFL be exempt?

A united America isn't possible when half the population is taught that they are victims, they have no hope, and their country is to blame.

A united America isn't possible when half the population is taught that they are victims, they have no hope, and their country is to blame.

America has never been united. There have always been opposition forces and opinions. That is no different today than it was in 1776. What has been lost is respect for the opinions of the opposition and even more so for our leaders and institutions.

Does anyone know anybody personally that isn't watching the NFL because guys are kneeling? I don't.

I personally don't care if players stand, kneel, hang out in the lockerroom. I just care if my fantasy players beat their projections.

NFL ratings being down has more to do with the Red Zone, Cord Cutters, and people's teams being bad.

I don’t know a single person who isn’t watching because of it. The games this weekend were awesome by the way. Much better than the first two weeks.