KY added to California state funded travel ban

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm saying is that we need CA more than they need us. Their federal tax dollars find their way here.

Yeah I get that. However, the thread is dealing with how a travel ban effects KY and IMO it doesn't really hurt KY. The most a Californian is doing in Ky is making a pit stop in Boone County or stopping in Louisville for a pony race.

California is a nutty, nutty place politically. I spent a number of months there years ago. Somehow, the subject of how much electricity do my home smoke detectors use came up. Yes, they worry about such things in California with their very high electric rates and focus on conservation. My response was - I never thought about it since my electrical rates were over half of what they pay in California because most our energy in this area came from cheap coal. That person was astonished in my response and said coal was evil. Such is life there.

Eh, other states would pick up their slack and we would be done with their whining and weirdness. :p

Which ones? California's $2.6 trillion economy rates 6th on the planet, between the United Kingdom and France.