Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thad Matta Retiring??

Featured Replies

Gotta wonder what Archie is thinking right now.

 

For me personally, I think I'd rather be the Hoosiers Head Coach.

 

Definitely thought he was older than 49 too.

They want Billy D but will end up with Mack or Buzz Williams.

Looking like Shaka Smart and will be quick.

 

Would that free Bamba up to go elsewhere?

Would that free Bamba up to go elsewhere?

 

Not sure, has Bamba only verbally committed or has he put ink to paper already.

Not sure, has Bamba only verbally committed or has he put ink to paper already.

 

He committed after the LOI period ended I believe...

So where does Braxton Beverly transfer to next season?

Steve‏

@IlliniToffee

 

If you think you're shocked about the Thad Matta news, just think how Ohio State fans will feel when they find out in January

Steve‏

@IlliniToffee

 

If you think you're shocked about the Thad Matta news, just think how Ohio State fans will feel when they find out in January

 

:lol2:

The players loved Matta. Here's a quote from Evan Turner:

 

Thad Matta’s 13-year Ohio State resumé: 337–123 (.733), five B1G titles, four B1G tourney titles, 5 Sweet 16s, three Elite 8s, 2 Final Fours These stats aren't even the reason why you're still one of my favorite coaches til this day. Your enthusiasm, passion, knowledge, and humor are the reasons why I'm glad that I made the decision to become a buckeye when I was 17. Thanks for always be patient and accepting me for me. You helped me weed thru a lot of ups and down in order to be the player and man you knew I could become. I'll forever love you for that and you'll always be a legend and great man in my book. Cheers to Thad Matta, the great one! #GoBucks

 

Here's a link to the full story: Ohio State alumni react to Thad Matta's departure

Is this a first? A joint presser to announce the coach has been fired?! Conscious uncoupling?

I think it's safe to say Matta had no idea this was coming since he was actually hosting a transfer recruit when he was fired.

So where does Braxton Beverly transfer to next season?

 

I think this is a legitimate question

I think it's safe to say Matta had no idea this was coming since he was actually hosting a transfer recruit when he was fired.
He and Gene had a meeting on Friday, suffice it to say something went sideways.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.