Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worst tourist traps in all 50 states

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are hundreds of ways you can celebrate the holidays. Waiting in a line and paying money to see the filming location of "A Christmas Story" should not be one of them. While the movie may be great, the basic house it was filmed in and the museum dedicated to it aren't anything to stop your car for.

 

False...

Somewhere, Getslow is sniggering.

There are hundreds of ways you can celebrate the holidays. Waiting in a line and paying money to see the filming location of "A Christmas Story" should not be one of them. While the movie may be great, the basic house it was filmed in and the museum dedicated to it aren't anything to stop your car for.

 

False...

 

It's a good thing I like HT Junior.

  • Author

For what's it is worth. i think I have been to 6 or 7 of the places listed. Graceland is the worse.

It must be bad, our work filter is blocking the link, lol.

I suppose I should be embarrassed that I've been to 21 of those -- although proudly NOT Kentucky's (nor Ohio's).

 

I have been to the "tourist trap" in:

Arizona

California

Connecticut

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Maryland

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Nevada

New Jersey

New York

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Washington

 

Whew....

Been to the Alamo, I didn't find it a waste and thought it pretty cool while also not being what I expected. Now, I didn't go out of my way to visit it, I was in town for a conference and hotel was very close to it and I may think a little differently if I specifically traveled to San Antonio just to see it. But I found it interesting.

Been to the Alamo, I didn't find it a waste and thought it pretty cool while also not being what I expected. Now, I didn't go out of my way to visit it, I was in town for a conference and hotel was very close to it and I may think a little differently if I specifically traveled to San Antonio just to see it. But I found it interesting.

 

I've been a lifetime history buff. The three times I've been to the Alamo I remain in awe of the sacrifice made there and Walking where they were.

Just 4 for me Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana and Tennessee.

I suppose I should be embarrassed that I've been to 21 of those -- although proudly NOT Kentucky's (nor Ohio's).

 

I have been to the "tourist trap" in:

Arizona

California

Connecticut

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Illinois

Indiana

Louisiana

Maryland

Massachusetts

Minnesota

Nevada

New Jersey

New York

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Washington

 

Whew....

 

What is wrong with the ARK?

What is wrong with the ARK?

 

It's an ark.

Georgia-World of Coca Cola-I agree

Hawaii-Waikiki Beach-disagree wholeheartedly. But my opinion may be skewed because I stayed at The Royal Hawaiian and the beach was amazing. And I'm not a beach person.

Illinois-Chicago's Magnificent Mile

Louisiana-Bourbon Street-disagree again. I had some of the most fun, best food and strongest drinks of my life on Bourbon Street

Nevada-Venetian Gondolas. Could not agree more, and pretty much think anything on the strip is overrated, although I did enjoy Freemont St, and do love to pretend I'm in Ocean's Eleven and stand in front of the fountains.

New York-Times Square, agree, but still had to do it.

 

 

North Carolina-The Blowing Rock-Haven't been, but The Blowing Rock In & Spa is an Historic Hotel of America member and I plan to visit.

Nice click bate, but totally ridicules.

Been to 5 and getting ready to go back to one for the 5th time.

 

FLORIDA-Disagree

HAWAII-Agree

NEW YORK-You can't go to NYC and not go.

PENNSYLVANIA-At least it's free

TEXAS-Disagree

 

And I disagree about the one they named for Alabama. The Vulcan Statue in Birmingham has this hands down. it cost 2 bucks just to get into the park where it's located 20 years ago. I was so underwhelmed I didn't even get out of the car much less pay whatever it was to actually go in it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.