May 4, 20179 yr Wow, is that scary...talk about your "fake news"...:lol2: Agreed, but it kept me aware of what was going on. You can only take so much Political Science without some laughs.
May 4, 20179 yr Had Colbert said this on Bill Maher's verbal diarrhea fest on HBO its a non-issue. Network TV not so much.
May 4, 20179 yr Trump can say whatever craziness he wants, but no one else can do the same towards him. OKAY. :lol2: When Rush Limbaugh made a rude comment about the woman testifying before Congress about birth control being included in Obamacare, there was outrage and he apologized. Shouldn't Colbert be held to the same standard?
May 4, 20179 yr Colbert has surged to #1 in the ratings because of his anti-Trump monologues. It is the same approach as Fox News. This comment was probably over the line but will have no repercussions. It was also properly bleeped out.
May 4, 20179 yr I could understand if it was on HBO or one of the PPV channels. But this is CBS and I would like to think they hold themselves up to higher standards than this. If you reverse what was said and he says this about Obama. “The only thing your mouth is good for is being Harry Reid's rooster sheath” Then the backlash begins with homophobic slur, etc, etc. CBS should hold themselves more accountable and not have this on their network. I remember Johnny Carson and he would have never stooped to that level. If this doesnt show the hypocrisy of the liberals, then nothing will. Edited May 4, 20179 yr by Colonels_Wear_Blue Rule #8
May 4, 20179 yr When Rush Limbaugh made a rude comment about the woman testifying before Congress about birth control being included in Obamacare, there was outrage and he apologized. Shouldn't Colbert be held to the same standard? Not sure how your response is really relevant to the post you quoted, but I never said Colbert should be above getting in trouble. Colbert can say whatever he wants, but if he gets canned for it, it's his own fault. I was simply pointing out the fact that it's amusing to me that the same people who don't get worked up over the craziness that comes out of President Trump's mouth are worked up over this... How?
May 4, 20179 yr I could understand if it was on HBO or one of the PPV channels. But this is CBS and I would like to think they hold themselves up to higher standards than this. If you reverse what was said and he says this about Obama. “The only thing your mouth is good for is being Harry Reid's ---- -------” Then the backlash begins with homophobic slur, etc, etc. CBS should hold themselves more accountable and not have this on their network. I remember Johnny Carson and he would have never stooped to that level. If this doesnt show the hypocrisy of the liberals, then nothing will. I think Colbert was over the line and can't stand that he said such a thing. Sorry. That said, here's a blast or two from the past. Rush Limbaugh and Barney Frank. Check out in the article what Rush said about Barney on his nationally syndicated talk show: RUSH LIMBAUGH BARNEY FRANK JOKE | Weekly World News Hypocrisy isn't owned by just one group of individuals.
May 4, 20179 yr I think Colbert was over the line and can't stand that he said such a thing. Sorry. That said, here's a blast or two from the past. Rush Limbaugh and Barney Frank. Check out in the article what Rush said about Barney on his nationally syndicated talk show: RUSH LIMBAUGH BARNEY FRANK JOKE | Weekly World News Hypocrisy isn't owned by just one group of individuals. Yes but CBS is a main TV Channel. Not many even listen to the radio. I still think CBS should hold themselves to higher standards and morals.
May 4, 20179 yr Not sure how your response is really relevant to the post you quoted, but I never said Colbert should be above getting in trouble. Colbert can say whatever he wants, but if he gets canned for it, it's his own fault. I was simply pointing out the fact that it's amusing to me that the same people who don't get worked up over the craziness that comes out of President Trump's mouth are worked up over this... How? Why is it people that do get worked up over President Trump's comments don't get worked up about Colbert's stupidity?
May 4, 20179 yr Why is it people that do get worked up over President Trump's comments don't get worked up about Colbert's stupidity? Because he isn't President Colbert.
May 4, 20179 yr Why is it people that do get worked up over President Trump's comments don't get worked up about Colbert's stupidity? Mostly because Colbert isn't the President. :lol2:
May 4, 20179 yr Why is it people that do get worked up over President Trump's comments don't get worked up about Colbert's stupidity? For one, the POTUS should be held to a much higher standard than a late-night talk show host. IMO, of course.
May 4, 20179 yr Mostly because Colbert isn't the President. :lol2: I think the word you are looking for is hypocritical. My opinion on the Left is solidified more each day by their hypocrisy. I hold everyone to the same standard, which is very high.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.