Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stephen Colbert...too far this time?

Featured Replies

I think the word you are looking for is hypocritical.

 

My opinion on the Left is solidified more each day by their hypocrisy.

 

I hold everyone to the same standard, which is very high.

 

If that is the standard then Trump and Colbert both need to be boycotted and fired for their remarks.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the word you are looking for is hypocritical.

 

My opinion on the Left is solidified more each day by their hypocrisy.

 

I hold everyone to the same standard, which is very high.

 

Then aren't you being every bit as hypocritical as others? I mean you defended President Trump's every ridiculous comment during the election and now you're going after Colbert.

I think the word you are looking for is hypocritical.

 

My opinion on the Left is solidified more each day by their hypocrisy.

 

I hold everyone to the same standard, which is very high.

 

No, I used the word I was looking for, PRESIDENT.

 

If you hold everyone to a "very high" standard, then you've either been very disappointed with the garbage that has come out of President Trump's mouth, or you need to fire that hypocrisy rifle back at yourself.

Shouldnt CBS be held to a higher standard?

Shouldnt CBS be held to a higher standard?

 

Maybe so....I guess that's up to the advertisers and sponsors to decide.

Shouldnt CBS be held to a higher standard?

 

Than the President!?

Shouldnt CBS be held to a higher standard?

 

 

Obscene, Indecent and Profane Broadcasts | Federal Communications Commission

 

Federal law prohibits obscene, indecent and profane content from being broadcast on the radio or TV. That may seem clear enough, but determining what obscene, indecent and profane mean can be difficult, depending on who you talk to.

 

In the Supreme Court's 1964 landmark case on obscenity and pornography, Justice Stewart Potter famously wrote: "I know it when I see it." That case still influences FCC rules today, and complaints from the public about broadcasting objectionable content drive the enforcement of those rules.

 

In other words, if you "know it when you see it" and find it objectionable, you can tell the FCC and ask us to check into it.

 

Deciding what's obscene, indecent or profane

 

Each type of content has a distinct definition:

 

Obscene content does not have protection by the First Amendment. For content to be ruled obscene, it must meet a three-pronged test established by the Supreme Court: It must appeal to an average person's prurient interest; depict or describe sexual conduct in a "patently offensive" way; and, taken as a whole, lack serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value.

 

Indecent content portrays sexual or excretory organs or activities in a way that does not meet the three-prong test for obscenity.

 

Profane content includes "grossly offensive" language that is considered a public nuisance.

 

Factors in determining how FCC rules apply include the specific nature of the content, the time of day it was broadcast and the context in which the broadcast took place.

 

Broadcasting obscene content is prohibited by law at all times of the day. Indecent and profane content are prohibited on broadcast TV and radio between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., when there is a reasonable risk that children may be in the audience.

Colbert comes on at 11:35

If that is the standard then Trump and Colbert both need to be boycotted and fired for their remarks.

 

Kinda hard to fire the POTUS. I know many on the Left wish that wasn't so.

Then aren't you being every bit as hypocritical as others? I mean you defended President Trump's every ridiculous comment during the election and now you're going after Colbert.

 

Wrong answer. I didn't defend all his comments. You have me confused with someone else.

 

My support for President Trump was that he was a much better choice than Hillary.

No, I used the word I was looking for, PRESIDENT.

 

If you hold everyone to a "very high" standard, then you've either been very disappointed with the garbage that has come out of President Trump's mouth, or you need to fire that hypocrisy rifle back at yourself.

 

President Trump definitely has foot in mouth disease at times.

 

If you can't see the hypocrisy from the Left on this, you choose not to.

President Trump definitely has foot in mouth disease at times.

 

If you can't see the hypocrisy from the Left on this, you choose not to.

 

And if you can't see your own hypocrisy, you choose not to as well.

If hypocrisy is expecting more from my President than I do a late night talk show host who's job depends on ratings, then I'll be a "liberal hypocrite."

And if you can't see your own hypocrisy, you choose not to as well.

 

Point it out to me. I just said President Trump suffers from putting his foot in his mouth.

Point it out to me. I just said President Trump suffers from putting his foot in his mouth.

 

I already have pointed it out...

 

If you hold everyone to a "very high" standard, then you've either been very disappointed with the garbage that has come out of President Trump's mouth, or you need to fire that hypocrisy rifle back at yourself.

 

So like I was saying before...

 

Are you disappointed with how President Trump has handled himself throughout the election and so far during his term? If not, then you're a hypocrite. If yes, then how can you point out "Colbert's stupidity" here in this thread?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.