April 4, 20179 yr So the horrible officiating was on full display last night. I'm not sure how you truly fix that problem. Someone that has much more info on the training and pay scale of those guys should weigh in on that. A few changes I think need to be made that could help the flow of the game. First they need to go to 4 quarters. The last 14 minutes and change of last night both teams were already in the bonus. NO ONE wants to see that. Next I would change the bonus structure to similar to what the NBA does. You can read that here if you want the full details. Bonus (basketball) - Wikipedia One other minor one. Get rid of the possession arrow. Do a jump ball if there is a tie up. Any other ideas?
April 4, 20179 yr So the horrible officiating was on full display last night. I'm not sure how you truly fix that problem. Someone that has much more info on the training and pay scale of those guys should weigh in on that. A few changes I think need to be made that could help the flow of the game. First they need to go to 4 quarters. The last 14 minutes and change of last night both teams were already in the bonus. NO ONE wants to see that. Next I would change the bonus structure to similar to what the NBA does. You can read that here if you want the full details. Bonus (basketball) - Wikipedia One other minor one. Get ride of the possession arrow. Do a jump ball if there is a tie up. Any other ideas? Refs don't do a very good job with the one jump ball they throw up now. Don't think they could do it well numerous times in a game. I remember one of the reasons for the arrow was the idea the many times the way the ball was thrown up would favor one side more than another and the arrow would eliminate that.
April 4, 20179 yr Definitely on board with quarters. Definitely on board with changing the fouls to how the NBA does it.
April 4, 20179 yr I'd like to see players either be allowed 6 fouls like in the NBA or not have a foul limit but give the other 2 shots and the ball for any fouls after the 5th on a player. Also I'd like to see each player be allowed an additional foul in each overtime period. And I'm with @HammerTime jump it up on any held ball, quarters and NBA free throw situation.
April 4, 20179 yr 4 quarters, team fouls reset after each quarter, 6 fouls per player, and clear path fouls.
April 4, 20179 yr Anyone else think that offensive goaltending is stupid to begin with? Why even have offensive goaltending?
April 4, 20179 yr Refs don't do a very good job with the one jump ball they throw up now. Don't think they could do it well numerous times in a game. I remember one of the reasons for the arrow was the idea the many times the way the ball was thrown up would favor one side more than another and the arrow would eliminate that. Plus, I don't see how doing away with the possession arrow would help with the flow of the game.
April 4, 20179 yr Anyone else think that offensive goaltending is stupid to begin with? Why even have offensive goaltending? Because if not you can have a guy just hang on the rim and put stuff back all night...
April 4, 20179 yr Author Plus, I don't see how doing away with the possession arrow would help with the flow of the game. It doesn't. I just hate it.
April 4, 20179 yr Stop trying to implement the freedom of movement. IMO the refs in college basketball were a lot better, and the game itself was a lot better before college basketball tried to emphasize allowing the freedom of movement. There are so many officials in college basketball, that its never going to be consistent for one thing. It's not like the NBA where players eventually learned to adapt to that. NBA players play 80 games a year, and can be up to 12 years in the league. So of coarse they learned. In college it takes kids until their junior year, before they even play as many games as they will their rookie year in the NBA. So with the inconsistency, players leaving early, and not being around as long. Players aren't going to learn to adjust to it during their college career. Which means we will continue to get ugly free throw shooting contest. Or one game they may have refs that let things go more and let them play, while the next game they have refs that call every little touch. The game itself was better before trying to emphasize the freedom of movement. At least they were playing, and not standing at the line all night. My biggest change would be to not play games in domes, because shooting is usually terrible in domes or huge stadiums.
April 4, 20179 yr Why do players need more fouls? Lack of skill and inconsistency of how games may be reffed. You never hear of NBA players being in foul trouble or fouls affecting the outcomes of games to the same extent it occurs in college basketball.
April 4, 20179 yr Sideline official who has use of a monitor to catch certain violations missed by in game refs. Also allow a coach 1 or 2 challenges during the game. The NCAA has to start catching the obvious calls.
April 4, 20179 yr Sideline official who has use of a monitor to catch certain violations missed by in game refs. Also allow a coach 1 or 2 challenges during the game. The NCAA has to start catching the obvious calls. I don't want to see any challenges, I want to see some flow.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.