Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Few Changes to NCAA Games

Featured Replies

Because if the offensive player can touch the ball on the rim but the defensive player can't this is a distinct advantage for the offense.

But if the offensive player is able to get position to just give a ball a little tap without going over the back of the defender, hanging on the rim, or committing a foul, then more power to him. The objective is to put the ball in the basket. Who cares how it goes in unless the player is committing a foul?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess players learning to play defense and not fouling isnt an option?

But if the offensive player is able to get position to just give a ball a little tap without going over the back of the defender, hanging on the rim, or committing a foul, then more power to him. The objective is to put the ball in the basket. Who cares how it goes in unless the player is committing a foul?

 

That's not the point at all. If the two players are standing side by side and one can touch the ball and the other can't that's the distinct advantage the offensive player has.

You can't hang on the rim though.

 

What if you have a high riser who you just shoot three's all day and allow him to go catch it and slam it down. Defense can't make a play because of goal tending but offensive guy can jump up, grab it and score.

What if you have a high riser who you just shoot three's all day and allow him to go catch it and slam it down. Defense can't make a play because of goal tending but offensive guy can jump up, grab it and score.
How is that different than an oop?
That's not the point at all. If the two players are standing side by side and one can touch the ball and the other can't that's the distinct advantage the offensive player has.
Yeah but the goal is for the offense to get the ball in the basket without fouling. I don't really care how it's done. Currently in college a defensive player can camp out in the lane because there is no defensive 3 seconds, but obviously an offensive player can't. That's a distinct advantage for the defensive player.
How is that different than an oop?

 

I think it is very different than an oop. That usually occurs around the basket or on fast breaks. If there is no offensive goaltending I'm recruiting a 7'0 dude to stand on the block and tell the guards to shoot a 3 every time. An oop is lobbed to someone and the defense can attempt to make a play on it. A shot is much different, looks much different, and the defense can do nothing until it hits the rim, while the offensive player could go up and either "guide it in" or grab it and slam it down.

I think it is very different than an oop. That usually occurs around the basket or on fast breaks. If there is no offensive goaltending I'm recruiting a 7'0 dude to stand on the block and tell the guards to shoot a 3 every time. An oop is lobbed to someone and the defense can attempt to make a play on it. A shot is much different, looks much different, and the defense can do nothing until it hits the rim, while the offensive player could go up and either "guide it in" or grab it and slam it down.
If the balls on the rim I don't see problem with the offensive player tapping it in. I don't think that it's a big deal at all. What you're describing seems a deliberate attempt to throw the ball near the hoop knowing that another offensive player is there to dunk it or tap it in the basket. I don't see how that is different than an oop. Basically the determining factor is judging the intent of the shooter/ passer
How is that different than an oop?

He is talking about an offensive player touching the ball IN THE CYLINDER. Just as I have said, if the offensive player can touch the ball in the cylinder and defense can't, that,s an unfair advantage. I just don't think this is that hard a concept to understand.

He is talking about an offensive player touching the ball IN THE CYLINDER. Just as I have said, if the offensive player can touch the ball in the cylinder and defense can't, that,s an unfair advantage. I just don't think this is that hard a concept to understand.

I just don't understand why it's a big deal. If the offensive player is able to do it without committing a foul then I don't think it's a big deal.

I just don't understand why it's a big deal. If the offensive player is able to do it without committing a foul then I don't think it's a big deal.

 

I give up. If someone else can explain why the offensive player being able to touch the ball on the rim or in the cylinder and the defensive player can't is an advantage for the offensive player please have it.

I give up. If someone else can explain why the offensive player being able to touch the ball on the rim or in the cylinder and the defensive player can't is an advantage for the offensive player please have it.

I want the offensive player to have that advantage. The defense isn't trying to score the offense is. This is likely only something that is even capable of happening once a game or so. I don't see the issue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.