Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carroll County Sheriff Arrested

Featured Replies

So when the article says "Chief Deputy Rodney Hawkins is serving as interim sheriff"....I'm hoping that means that Kinman has been fired. Surely he must have been, right?

So when the article says "Chief Deputy Rodney Hawkins is serving as interim sheriff"....I'm hoping that means that Kinman has been fired. Surely he must have been, right?

 

Sheriff can't be fired, has to be removed from office just like the County Judge Executive.

 

Most will resign if they know they are caught, but some refuse and have to be removed. He may have to be convicted before he can be removed.

Sheriff can't be fired, has to be removed from office just like the County Judge Executive.

 

Never knew that. I suppose that's not a whole lot different from the sheriff having the judge exec as his boss.

 

Still, I wonder what the reasoning is behind that. It's pretty weird thinking that you could have a sheriff who is a pill head and a burglar/thief, and that if the judge exec decides he doesn't want to remove him from office, he gets to keep his job. That sure seems messed up.

Never knew that. I suppose that's not a whole lot different from the sheriff having the judge exec as his boss.

 

Still, I wonder what the reasoning is behind that. It's pretty weird thinking that you could have a sheriff who is a pill head and a burglar/thief, and that if the judge exec decides he doesn't want to remove him from office, he gets to keep his job. That sure seems messed up.

 

Judge Executive isn't the Sheriff's boss. He's elected just like County Clerk, Jailer, Coroner and Circuit Clerk. Judge Executive isn't the "Boss" of any of them.

 

I'm not 100% sure of the removal process, probably involves Governor.

I believe the Governor has to request to start the removal the process and then the state files a complaint in court. It is then tried in court.

Wow. This is the same county that had a city police chief put an inmate on a bus and send him to Florida, right? If you're a resident, who do you trust to call, KSP? I'm sure there are still fine officers in both departments, but it doesn't paint them in a good light when the guys at the top are making news like this.

I'm presenting down there on Friday :thumb:

Never knew that. I suppose that's not a whole lot different from the sheriff having the judge exec as his boss.

 

Still, I wonder what the reasoning is behind that. It's pretty weird thinking that you could have a sheriff who is a pill head and a burglar/thief, and that if the judge exec decides he doesn't want to remove him from office, he gets to keep his job. That sure seems messed up.

 

I'd say the not fired yet has to do with innocence until proven guilty or at least that line of thinking. I don't foresee it being an issue in this case as long as the Commonwealth Attorney comes through in their prosecution.

It is pretty sad that this epidemic has taken control of this region so badly. This just goes to show you that no one is safe in this epidemic. I would be willing to bet that a person in this capacity did not make the choice to start taking these, but was prescribed them for some reason and just lost control. I do not know the situation, so if he did just start taking them, I feel for him, but hopefully he gets the help he needs.

Wow. This is the same county that had a city police chief put an inmate on a bus and send him to Florida, right? If you're a resident, who do you trust to call, KSP? I'm sure there are still fine officers in both departments, but it doesn't paint them in a good light when the guys at the top are making news like this.

 

I had a couple dealings (Professionally) with Law Enforcement from Carroll County and I was not impressed either time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.